Icom IC-7610 is almost here

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, Jul 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Get the rig delivered to the office, unpack it there, then walk into the house carrying the rig itself under your arm.

Tell XYL: "I can't believe someone threw this out! I think I can make it work, with a little luck..." and walk into hamshack.

KD4MOJ, KE5OFJ, KF5RRF and 3 others like this.
  2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just order it and she never says anything. the only time I got yelled at was when I bought the Cobra but it was a little pricier than a radio and besides, that was a long time ago. Now I have to decide if I want to keep the 7600 for a backup or sell it. I still like the 7600, it has a lot of really cool features so it's still a toss up. I'll probably hang on to it for a while then decide.

N3AWS and NL7W like this.
  3. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's good to be single. And I'll keep buying whatever I want whenever I want and if that means staying single, good trade.

KE5OFJ, W4POT and K2HAT like this.
  4. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

secret to happy marriage is separate accounts. Bank, credit cards, etc. I dont care what shoes, clothes, skin care, maekup, etc and she doesnt care what I buy....

KA4DPO and WA8ZYT like this.
  5. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope the Cobra is housebroken...

;)

KA4DPO likes this.
  6. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope that Icom considers updating the firmware to include phasing adjustments between the receivers. It would be a really cool feature that would amp-up the value of the rig.

7. WD4IGX

I had that. It didn't make the marriage happy, but it sure simplified the divorce.

I agree completely though. If I ever did get married again, that's a requirement. Oh, not that I wouldn't give her any money if I made more or something, but once given, or kept, what's mine is mine and what's hers is hers. There can be a pool for "ours" of course, but not all of it, and whatever comes out of "mine" the other can be quiet about.

8. N5AL

N5AL Ham Member QRZ Page

Reminds me of a story:

Back in the old days, when having a personal computer in the home was much more of a novelty than a necessity, I had this co-worker friend. One day, he decided that he had to have a PC.

My friend's wife managed their household finances and she worked wonders with their tight budget. However, she did give him a daily lunch allowance of $5, which was sufficient in the day. So, my friend devised a scheme to save up for his dream computer: he would skip lunch each day and squirrel away the money.

Months passed and the goal of a new computer was almost within reach. Then, disaster struck! One morning, his wife happened to open his wallet and discovered the thick wad of cash he had been secretly saving. She was delighted with the unexpected find, because their two little boys needed new shoes and some warm winter clothes.

Needless to say, the computer dream was totally shattered!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    AD0AC likes this.
  9. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

She had control of the finances and still couldn't take care of the kids without stealing my lunch money?

Domestic violence may be ugly but what can a hungry OM do?

W3ATV likes this.
  10. WD4IGX

That would be "talk to an attorney time."

Just going through my wallet would be "major disagreement time."

Think I'll just stay single.

W4POT likes this.