ad: Alphaant-1

Icom IC-7300 Firmware 1.41 bricked the radio

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N4UZZ, Jul 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was wondering about this myself. There's always a slight risk of corruption when transferring a file to a different media. Not sure that Icom uses internally but if it were an MD5 hash, MD5checker for example, is just a simple right click on the file and letting it verify the file. Quick and easy.

PU2OZT likes this.
  2. AC1KZ

AC1KZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, but 1.40 was released 2-26-2021, and 1.41 was released 7-9-2021.

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No need to say "sorry." That doesn't make much difference to the issue being discussed, now does it? Sorry. :rolleyes:

AE0MI likes this.
  4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

What they CAN do and what they DO do (or SHOULD do) are two completely different things.:mad: I don't know of such a default reset option in the IC-7300, and it certainly isn't mentioned in either the owners or service manuals. If it's a "secret," then, well it IS an Icom secret.

5. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Updates are always a risk no matter the brand.

YES, they should have a factory default chip with a physical switch, to unbrick them.

6. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

. . .and a holder for the clock battery for easy replacement.

KB2SMS likes this.
  7. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently did the 1.40 update. I think that will be the last unless some major really important update comes along. It always makes me nervous doing these on a radio. I don't need a $1,200 brick.

8. AC1KZ

AC1KZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry.

:D

9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, alrighty then. :eek:

10. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page