Icom IC-7300 fan mod

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K8TDN, Feb 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4GDR

K4GDR Ham Member QRZ Page

Terry,

Have you got rid of all the JST-XH pigtails? If not, can I send you a SASE for one? If you don't have any left, where did you order it? I ordered a JST-XH pack of 5 on Amazon but the male connector is too wide for the circuit board socket. Thanks for any guidance.

Regards,
    Bill

2. K4GDR

K4GDR Ham Member QRZ Page

Terry,

Any pigtails still on hand? I can send a SASE if you have one? If not, what is the part number and vendor for the unit you bought? I ordered a 5 pack of JST-XH on Amazon but the male connector is too big to fit the receptacle on the board. Thanks for any guidance.

Bill
    K4GDR

3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why to fan mod/ mine has run 4 years now no problems

4. K8TDN

K8TDN Ham Member QRZ Page

I sdtill have pigtails send me a n SASE to address on QRZ

5. N8MLP

N8MLP Ham Member QRZ Page

does the Noctua fan match the factory CFM? Ive looked into modding my 5100 with a quieter fan but the the only fans that fit flow much less air, maybe less rpm to make it more quiet?

6. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a quieter fan ONLY because it shifts less air, has lower back pressure, a lower RPM and lower powered motor.

Having said all that, it does appear to be adequate but there is nothing magic about its design as the manufacturer would have you believe.

Frank

7. SV2HZF

SV2HZF Ham Member QRZ Page

Connect a 47 Ohm resister in series with the (+) cable of ic7300 fan and you will have a similar to Noctua "silent" fan without the cost and weird color.

I wouldn't do that though. Icom chose the fan specs for a reason; airflow and back pressure!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020