For Sale ICOM IC-728 HF TRANSCEIVER

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WB9CTP, Oct 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB9CTP

WB9CTP Ham Member QRZ Page

What's that? You don't recall hearing about the ICOM IC-728 transceiver? I hear that all the time. But, read the reviews ! This is a 1992 transceiver that has hardly had any use. Why? I bought this from the estate of a New Jersey ham who won the rig as a prize at the RF Hill ARC hamfest...so it apparently was a spare rig that was hardly used. As the original paperwork demonstrates, the rig was once sent to ICOM to have a cw filter installed and to have the BFO and PBT aligned. The rig was returned to this ham and spent the next 20-25 years sitting in the original box. I bought it because I had once owned a 728. This rig has served me well and has absolutely no issues and is at least a 9.9 cosmetically.

The rig covers 160-10 meters and has a HOT general coverage receiver !

It comes with: original box & Styrofoam, original manual, microphone and power cord.

Also included: brochures, paperwork from the installation of the cw filter and alignment of the BFO & PBT, schematics, etc. etc. So, what you have here is a near-new 25 year old radio that works great, looks great and, best of all, is extremely east-to-use !!

My price is $350 + $25 shipping. USPS money orders or official bank checks only please. No PAYPAL. If interested, please e mail me at: Radioron50@yahoo.com. (my personal info: Ron Ross WB9CTP 406 N. High St. Ellsworth, Illinois 61737) 73 and thanks for looking ! Icom 728-1.jpg Icom 728-2.jpg Icom 728-3.jpg Icom 728-4.jpg

WD8WV, W9JTC, N3AB and 3 others like this.
  2. KI8ES

KI8ES Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this radio still available??

3. WB9CTP

Yes, the radio is still available. I didn't see your reply. Please contact me at: Radioron50@yahoo.com. Thanks & 73!

4. WB9CTP

I am RE-LISTING this radio at a REDUCED price. Thank you for looking. Ron WB9CTP

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.