SOLD Icom IC-718 with Extras

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KK5R, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Priced to Sell

Icom 718 with DSP, hand & desk microphones (MFJ-297 w/ Icom cable); earphones; LDG IT-100 tuner w/ cable; Quality External Speaker; 12.4V 18A static power supply;

DSP Has Noise Blanker & Automatic/Tracking Notch Filter f/multiple interfering signals;

Worth over $500 asking price — dbl-box shipped 48

Need to sell quickly — will deliver w/in 100Mi

Bob — KK5R
    Email privately to nocrud222 (at) YH (dot) com

718.JPG

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    KA8UGB likes this.
  2. KB0KDX

KB0KDX Ham Member QRZ Page

What is your asking price please?

3. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

"Worth over $500 asking price — dbl-box shipped 48"

4. N2NOW

N2NOW Ham Member QRZ Page

making sure not typo - thats a 12.4Volt power supply and not a 13.8V?

5. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Right. It works fine. There are a lot of radios that work down to 10V and at 12.4V, it draws less current and the difference in power is not noticed by the person on the other end. This is also why the power supply does not shut down, it is drawing a little less current. Even cutting the power of a radio to half power so a smaller power supply can be used is often done and most people can only see a few S-units difference and few can hear the difference.

I often run radios at lower power. You know, of course, that we hams are expected (per the FCC) to use no more power than needed/necessary for consistent communication, right? In fact, I love to get in a QSO with a friend and set the power out at 5 or 10W while he runs almost a KW. He can still hear me but sometimes I think he runs high power to justify having an amp.

I have also used he 12.5V 47A power supply I have for sale in another post with my radios but go with the power supply mentioned in the next paragraph because it has a quieter fan.

If this is of great concern, I will sub out the 12.4V supply for one that can run !3.8 but it is not in a case so you can't show it off. Ha This is IF/IF/IF it means you are interested in the radio.

Let me know... Please use my personal email for your reply, OK?
    nocrud222 (at) yahoo (dot) com

6. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

7. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.