Icom IC-711 -I need info

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by NOVACAIN, Jul 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NOVACAIN

NOVACAIN QRZ Member

Need info on an Icom IC-711. Can't find anything online about it. I'm a new ham and not well versed on the equipment yet. I got this in a box of old radios and am just trying to figure out if it's trash or treasure. Any help would be much appreciated. 73 from Stan KE0VQI

2. K4TTJ

K4TTJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I Googled it and came up with several 'hits' including owner's manual links, and review links.
    I think it was a popular 2-meter all-mode rig in its day.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So why not post what you found?

I did the same but found NOTHING other than sites selling manuals and of course eHam etc. reviews.... I'm guessing he needs a manual - if you don't mind, please post the link to it as it may help others. I couldn't find one for free - just eBay links to manuals for sale.

Dave
    W7UUU

4. K4TTJ

K4TTJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave, I'm glad you asked me about that. On my second pass I found almost nothing about the IC-711, especially with regard to manuals. I must have been looking at TS-711 stuff the first time. My apologies for the big mix-up. I guess I'll be getting new glasses on Monday. :)

5. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mods.dk has the ops manual.

First time user would need to jump through the hoops of setting up an account (free).

EDIT: Dang, I just made the same mistake. Found the FT-711 instead of the IC-711.

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Never heard of it.

The TS-711 (Kenwood) was a pretty popular 2m rig. An "IC-711" denotes Icom as the brand and I don't recall an IC-711, ever.

Can you post a photograph of it?

7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't recall an Icom 711. Many years back owned an Icom 211.
    [​IMG]

(Added) Not sure how accurate this is but RigPix has it as being manufactured between 1976-1978.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    KF0G likes this.
  8. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

K3XR likes this.
  9. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wonder if the IC-711 could be a model made for Asian or European markets which was not sold in North America?

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Possible typo?

OP never returned...

K3XR likes this.