SOLD Icom ic-706 Mk II w/sep plate and cable.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NX1Q, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NX1Q

NX1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

706MkII, (NOT the G version.)

It transmits out of band. Im not sure if this is the MARS mod but, for instance on 20 meters it transmits from 13.9 to 14.5. On 40 from 6.9 to 7.4. I have not tried to find out the limits on the other bands because that does not interest me. I'm just putting that out there for those that might be. No optional filters have been installed. Full power out. Fully functional. I included one picture of the power out.

Included...

Mobile Bracket.
    Partial Separation kit. (Cable in like new condition, plate, and the little screw that goes into the body of the radio that secures the cable into the body.

Original Power cord and Icom stock hand microphone.

I do not have the original box.

$475 Shipped USPS priority mail

It is in great shape. The body IMO is a 8.5 out of 10. It is very clean for its age. I opened it up, and it looks like new. There isn't even any dust internally, even on the fan.

The Control head would be 10/10 if it were not for a moderate blemish near the middle. You can not tell it is there when the power is on, only when you hold it up to the light and look at an angle so you can catch a reflection.

A few interesting observations about this radio line and outstanding features...

• The DSP is very good. When you consider the age ( going on 20 years ) I would say it's hard to understand just how good it is since some of their newer offerings are not so great. Set the level on 3 or 4, and it takes out about 80+ % of the background static, and actually brings up the voice on SSB over the static. You can actually hear it happen. It kinda had my jaw dropping really. There are 15 levels to the DSP. Level 6 and over do totally different things to the sounid then 1-5. You can play with that according to your operating conditions.
    • The audio on these rigs, especially through an external speaker is just excellent. It is very full sounding analog audio. Just a pleasure to listen too. Also, it is WAY more power out to the audio than you will ever need. Half volume is like over full volume on most other rigs. The internal speaker is very good too. Set the RF squelch to 9:30 or 10 o'clock, and you have super full and super clean sound.
    • These radios are just a joy to use. Very easy and quick to learn. Lost of useful features right at your fingertips. The display is just the right size and brightness. The fonts are all the right sizes and styles to make it so that you don't think of anything but operating. Simply put, there is not a single thing that I can think of that aggravates or distracts you while you are operating.
    • The TS button for the stepping is just wonderful. It lets you quickly adjust the stepping to whatever you need it to be. You can set the dial to 100K to 1KHZ, which lets you quickly go through the band in standard way, or all the way down to .005. I mean, really ? Wow. You can also set the sub band knob to match it to click through one at a time. Gotta love that thoughtful feature.
    • There is just something about the look and feel of this radio that makes it just a go to favorite for mobile, but especially portable operation for say Parks on the Air and such. It reminds me of the Yaesu ft-900. Just something about having just what you need at the push of button...and the display, everything that you need and want to see right there all laid out just the right way. Maybe it's just me, but others feel the same. I like vintage gear...and chess pieces for that matter, so maybe that plays into it. But, I would say that if they would have made the 7000 BETTER, and not switched to the 7100 ( which is nice, don't get me wrong ) these would be my all time in the field radio pick.
    • Warming these up for a few minutes helps in a couple of ways. The audio becomes more stable and full, and the Frequency stability comes in line quickly. The radio does not have any issue with receive stability or TX drift.
    Paypal or whatever when it clears. My email here on QRZ.com is good, or you can message me on here as well.

Thanks for looking, and/or taking the time to read my rambling. ;)

IMG_20181017_185823.jpg IMG_20181017_190203.jpg IMG_20181021_093329.jpg IMG_20181021_093359.jpg IMG_20181021_093829.jpg IMG_20181021_093926.jpg IMG_20181021_093951.jpg IMG_20181021_094005.jpg IMG_20181021_094101.jpg IMG_20181021_094438.jpg

N3GY, W9JTC and NY7Z like this.
  2. NX1Q

NX1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

**SOLD**

Thanks again QRZ ! Funds are going to support the K1YAH young atlanta Ham's!

Look for us with Park's on the Air.

N3GY likes this.
  3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.