ad: CQMM-1

Icom IC-705 & PowerFilm Lightsaver Max

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by OH8STN, Sep 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

20210919_002557.jpg

K7ABY and MW7OFS like this.
  2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I've said before, I am not the biggest portable op around--beyond picnic-table-POTA--but I always learn something from your videos. Keep 'em coming. :)

OH8STN likes this.
  3. OH8STN

Thank you, that's very much appreciated. These days I would hope even if someone isn't interested in the specific topic, the video itself would be interesting enough to watch, just for the sake of entertainment.
    Julian oh8stn

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There always is with your videos...and you've actually got me thinking, "You know, maybe I ought to take it to the next step and try SOTA sometime." TU again, OM. :)

OH8STN likes this.
  5. KC2BNW

KC2BNW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats a good all in one item ive had my eye for a year or two. i keep getting distracted and buying radios. Good work Julian. I jsut got finished learning and finding out about the kenwood th f6a listening. Keep up the good work.

OH8STN likes this.
  6. 4I1AOC

4I1AOC Ham Member QRZ Page

Been a follower of your Youtube videos on your channel . Setting up my gear for portable ecomm with data capability . Hoping to have more hobbyist ere in my country here to get into data comms . 73s form Manila Philippines

OH8STN likes this.
  7. OH8STN

Thanks for the kindness. I often wonder why we don't have more data mode operators. The narrow bandwidth modes are excellent during poor conditions. Hopefully we can continue to inspire.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Julian oh8stn

4I1AOC likes this.
  8. OH8STN

Thank you
    Julian oh8stn

9. KD0MMF

KD0MMF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Julian, I'm a patron and big fan. You really have done a lot to inspire me; I think you've done more to advance my operating than anyone or anything else since I got my General in 2020 in time for my first Field Day. I have the LSM and 705, and you read my mind about showing us how to make these connecting cables, thanks very much. I love learning more about these basic bench skills that make everything work in the shack or in the field. thanks! Dan KD0MMF

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    OH8STN likes this.
  10. OH8STN

Hi Dan.
    Cable configurations definitely depend on the other peripherals used with the 705. I can do a short video on mading cables for the 705, LSM, and USB-C powered laptop or tablet.
    I've got a few things to do before that, but this is definitely on the list. Thanks for the kindness and suggestions. It's very much appreciated.
    Julian oh8stn