ad: chuckmartin

ICOM IC-705 Feature Walk-Through

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, Sep 5, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've already commented on the 705 several times above but I do need clarification. Can a handicap person use motorized vehicles for SOTA?

2. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing specific in the rules. They can drive up to a summit if it's a drive-up, but they can't operate from the car (assuming no special dispensation for being handicapped). That's why there are drive-up summits, to make it accessible to all.

Chris

3. KI5AAI

KI5AAI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I lug an FT-891 with or without an external tuner and a 12v/20Ah LiFePo for SOTA and POTA :)

WN1MB likes this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm suddenly imagining this thread devolving into rants about how SOTA is exclusionary, hordes of wheelchair and scooter bound hams occupying SOTA peaks in protest, complete with HLM tee shits, though all compliantly wearing proper PPE and maintaining safe social distancing, of course...

NN6D and K0UO like this.
  5. KK6ZHJ

KK6ZHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you are recalling an episode of family guy, Angry Crippleton.

6. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. Just my sometimes warped imagination. Never watched Family Guy.

7. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just received my tracking number from HRO. I'll have my IC-705 in the morning.

KK6ZHJ and US7IGN like this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

$1,299.95 now at MTC

9. K7ZOV

K7ZOV Ham Member QRZ Page

Flame suite on.... New IC-7300 average $1,000. New Xiegu G90 $450. Total $1,450. OK a bit over the $1,300 for the IC-705, however both have ATU's, and you have two radios. Preowned IC-7300 averaging about $750. New G90 $450. Total for both radios $1,200.. If the G90 is preowned then figure maybe a total of $1,100. Cute radio. Nice features. Limited power output and high price to pay for Bling and Sexy display in a small box.

WN1MB likes this.