ICOM IC-7000 too much Audio Fix(Road Noise)

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by VK4GAP, Sep 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

Who said there was something wrong with electret elements , not me .
    Look , if you all want a discussion on different mics , what to "Buy" , what one needs , what brand is best start another thread , this one is about the OEM ICOM HM-151 and just ignore the fact that even after all these years of the existence of such a mic all those "experts" never thought of a separate mic gain at the element , thats is all , out .

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, la dee da!
    -You sure seem to think something is wrong with an electret element.
    -You are discussing modifying the microphone, I gave you examples of electret mics used in noisy environments and suggestions for research.
    -BTW, you cannot dictate the course of a discussion.

3. VK4GAP

I'll bite this once , Grow Up
    Exactly "where" did you see the typed words "i think" .
    I'm not discussing modifying the Icom HM-151 i am dictating modifying it .
    I can do what i like , i can even leave my doors open at night , how many locks you got on yours!

4. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

TROLL ALERT.

5. VK4GAP

No Doubt !

Anyway , seems like i found it (the balance) , i was being too gentle even right at the start imo , as after fitting a brand new trim-pot (the other was a pull and dodgy) and doing some tests to get it to show drive better via the meter on ssb i had the issue still of not much showing on the COM bar-graph , then out of desperation i just turned up the mic gain in the radio from default 50% to 75% and WallAh .
    Picture Arrows is

Red original road noise ssb tx level output all set to default , 100kph no talking just ptt down , no trim-pot , all OEM
    Green now as it is with added trim-pot and 75% , 100kph ssb ptt down no talking
    Purple ssb talking output 50% mic gain in radio with added re-adjusted trim-pot
    Yellow ssb talking output 75% mic gain in radio with added re-adjusted trim-pot

Com is around in-between 5 and 10 talking naturally , before max of a 3 or so

All finished , cheers

1.jpg