SOLD Icom IC-2KL 500 Watt All Band Linear Amplifier.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K1OIK, Sep 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

IC-2KL (2).JPG IC-2KL (1).JPG
    These generally sell for $1100 on QRZ. Last week I tried to use it and it put nothing out.
    As you can see I opened it up, touched nothing and aside from some dust I saw nothing obviously wrong nor noticed any odor, except a slight hot resistor smell. I have never used it outside or in a heavy duty contest. No one smokes cigarettes or anything else in my home. The manual and schematic are included and when I looked at the schematic it clearly was above my talents, such as they are.
    Plus I have an AL811H whose fan is quieter. Years ago I did put in the 10 meter modification.
    $604 plus shipping. I have had several offers for $300, notice it is still here.
    I told one offer of $300 that I would just let it sit here for to admire it at that price.
    The power supply is worth at leat $300 and it works.
    Please email me using my QRZ address.
    Since my initial posting I had these helpful comments:
    "And, I did a simple "Duck" search and found a supplier of 2SC2652s with over 16,000 of them"
    "Even if ICOM won't work on it, there's plenty of people out there in radio land that will"
    "Your comment on the high SWR & no output when switched in most likely means open PA finals-or the resistor bias resistors on the base of those transistors are blown.
    Give Matt Adrian (KD8ZB) @ Icom Michigan a call 269-429-2334 "
    It is possible your only cost will be a couple of resistors.

KA8UGB likes this.
  2. K7LRC

K7LRC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Cool project for someone to tackle! IMHO - By the look of the PCB dis-colorization along the bias resistor bank and beyond, at least one of the finals may be shorted with additional damage elsewhere. Some serious current flowed during that fault condition! Respectfully, Larry, K7LRC

N2NOW and K1OIK like this.
  3. KG4MLO

KG4MLO Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you know it is amplifier? I have one on the bench right now with PS issue. No 50 volt output, but 12 volt good. All lights work. No output from amp. Just a thought....I'll give you $600 for the whole shebang if you pay shipping. Ron kg4mlo

4. K1OIK

I am considering your offer. You should receive an email response within 6 hours from my address listed on QRZ.

5. K1OIK

I never got a response from him as I responded to his offer. If you are serious respond to my email address. Not here.

6. K1OIK

sold

7. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.