ad: vanity

Icom CS-5100 software

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by WB4M, Feb 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm trying to use the Icom CS-5100 programming software but cannot get it to import a CSV file. All I get is "illegal data" error. Anyone have similar problem or a fix for the problem?

2. KI4JLI

KI4JLI Ham Member QRZ Page

Same for me, have successfully imported data numerous times, now this morning all of a sudden "illegal data" and the useless help file has no mention of it... at lease when you "search" or "index" in the "help?" file.

One would think there is a cell or cells of inaccurately formatted data but I've only made an edit to a single entry, on a previously working *.csv file.

Anybody know what "illegal data" means in the CS-5100 software?

Thanks,
    -Dave

3. KI4JLI

KI4JLI Ham Member QRZ Page

Update: Solved my issue with the "illegal data" when I realized... when I was transferring my data from my OpenOffice Calc spreadsheet to a generic "IMPORT.csv" file... I was omitting the header; or, very top row, that which contains "[Group No] [Group Name] [Name]" etc.

As I was suspecting, typical bonehead database mistake... if we were flying RC airplanes... this would be a "dumb thumb" move.

Hope this may help someone else with the same issue.