ad: MyersEng-1

Icom 7610 Rig Control Software Solutions

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Jan 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom 7610 rig control problems? Having trouble finding software for the Icom 7610? If you are a fan of N3FJP software and Fldigi then this is for you.

DSyWacWV4AEU7Gb.jpg-large-1024x576.jpeg

IMPORTANT: IF YOU DRIVE A LINEAR AMPLIFIER WITH YOUR ICOM 7610, INCREASE YOUR TX DELAY TO AT LEAST 10MS. PG 8-3 ICOM 7610 BASIC MANUAL.
    Sherwood Engineering HF Test Results – Icom 7610

See the full article at K0PIR.us

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    KA3YAN likes this.
  2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Question, what cables will I need to go from the computer to the IC-7610 so I can do JT modes, FLdigi etc?

I do not see this in the text at the link below.

I have no speakers hooked to my computer, so video is of no help; text works as I can still see that with my eyes at this time.

http://www.k0pir.us/icom-7610-rig-control/

K0PIR likes this.
  3. K0PIR

Hi Lee,

Thank you for commenting and I understand. All you need is the USB 2.0 cable. We’re not using the USB 3.0 high speed port yet. Install the driver from Icom first, then attach the cable.

You’ll see two COM ports in your computers Device Manager. I have a video explaining those, but long story short, choose the first Silicon Labs CP210x you see in Device Manager for the Com Port in the software (rig control). That should work for you. For sound you’ll be using the USB Audio CODEC for input and output in the software.

Ham Radio Deluxe Setup

Let me know how it goes.

Rich, K0PIR

K2HAT likes this.
  4. K2HAT

Thanks Rich, I am awaiting my new IC-7610 radio, hopefully before Valentines day, lol.

I see there is a Firmware update for the IC-7610 already. LOL I have not updated the Firmware on my IC-7300, it has version 1.14.

I have an IC-7300 inline now, and also a K3, that I have to unbox, and put on the shelf again.
    The K3 I sent to Elecraft and had the USB mod upgrade done; { like the K3S comes with }
    and had them check out the radio while it was there. Elecraft sent back an email saying all is good and the did the latest Firmware update for me.

Thanks for the help!!! 73 K2HAT

K0PIR likes this.
  5. K0PIR

That's one heck of a station you've got going Lee!

6. K2HAT

Thanks, a Friend said he wants to buy the IC-7300 after I get the IC-7610 and use it for a little while.

HNY 2018!

7. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using my IC-7610 with HRD (latest version). Just select the IC-7851 and all the features work because Icom uses a standard command tree structure. Adding or pruning branches for features in the radio. The IC-7600 v2 worked just as well.

Works FB with my microHam microKeyer II and Station Master. Also worked perfect as a straight serial port using the USB drivers.

I also have the RS-BA1 software. I intend on using the Icom software for remote access. I guess I can do it with HRD as well, but the Icom software and the RC-28 are perfect for a use I have in mind (FWIW, RC-28s out of Japan on eBay for sub $200 plus shipping - mine cost < $219 delivered in two weeks).

8. K0PIR

Thank you for the info and glad to know it's working. I tried a few on HRD and settled for the IC-7700. However, it will be nice to see HRD update soon to include the IC-7610.

http://www.k0pir.us/the-icom-7610-ham-radio-deluxe-setup/

N1MM Logger Plus has support for the 7610 and it works great. The RTTY RU was a lot of fun using the 7610.

http://www.k0pir.us/icom-7610-n1mm-rtty-fsk/