ad: AlphaRF-1

icom 7600 side tone level limit does not work on/off

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by PA3GEG, Dec 19, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. PA3GEG

PA3GEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a proud owner of a great icom 7600, only today I want to change Side tone level limit into on instead of off.
    It regulates the volume and side tone working together so you don't have a high volume of sidetone when you
    pumping up the volume for your receive, it stays on the same level. Mine does not, there is no difference between
    on or off the sideone keeps going up together with the volume of the receiver.

Anybody knows the solution or ever heard off it?

73's Gerald

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine does the same. I had never bothered with that setting before. I would have to read up on it to be sure I understand the setting correctly.

3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't see an obvious difference when changing that setting. It left me scratching my head over how it is supposed to function. However, I haven't spent any dedicated time figuring out if I"m missing something. Some rainy day.....

4. PA3GEG

PA3GEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well happy Iam not the only one but I guess there is no solution and may be a bug to, need to be repaired in a new firmware update.

5. N4LSJ

N4LSJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I looked at this on my 7300 this evening (yeah, old thread) and it seems to do absolutely nothing.

6. EC5M

EC5M Ham Member QRZ Page

Just try down level to Side Tone Level to 3% and then up Button AF up the level is up to 50% and then is stop.
    Is dificult have percepciĆ³n but it is. Up de 50% AF is not more level.