ICOM 756PRO, PROII, PROIII LED Backlight Kits

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by VE3TMT, Jul 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Kits are back in stock!

Replace that dimming CCFL backlight in your PRO. Kit includes full color step by step installation instructions.

Kit is $80 USD, which includes tracked mailing in Canada/48. For outside North America, please contact me for mailing rates.

More info on my profile page.

Thank you,
    Max

KZ2W likes this.
  2. VE3TMT

Kits ordered between now and midnight tomorrow are $10 off, only $70 USD mailed.

3. KZ2W

KZ2W Ham Member QRZ Page

Could you email me the installation instructions for your Pro III Kit so I might decide if this is something that I might undertake? My QRZ email address is good. I would greatly appreciate this.

4. VE3TMT

Stuart I sent you some pics of the installation process. I hope this helps. My time consuming (AKA patience requiring) part of the process is putting the LCD diffuser assembly back together.

Max

5. N1KK

N1KK Ham Member QRZ Page

Would someone be kind enough to email me the instructions or pictures to determine the level of DIY. My Radio is a IC-746.
    My email is
    good on QRZ. N1KK
    Thanks

6. VE4LS

VE4LS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello All:

Several months ago my Pro 3’s display died and I was lucky enough to be directed to Max’s address.

He rescued me and the display is now the. Rightest and clearest I can recall ever seeing since new.

I strongly endorse the upgrade / repair.

73 de Lee VE4LS