ad: AbAuRe-1

For Sale Icom 756 Pro III

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W9EBK, Jan 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W9EBK

W9EBK Ham Member QRZ Page

The time has come to sell my Icom 756 Pro III transceiver. I purchased it a little over 2 years ago from a friend’s estate. He used it very little. When I use it on the bench I love this radio. Unfortunately most of my operating these days is portable. Due to the rig’s size, weight, and LCD screen that is hard to read when used outdoors in bright sunlight, the radio just doesn’t fit my needs. I have used it for CW, RTTY, and SSB; all of which work great. I have not used it on FM but have no reason to think there would be any issue with it. The voice and memory keyers are great, and the ability to send and receive RTTY without a computer is greater than great! Everything works as it should. The case shows very light wear. The only issue I have ever experienced with the display is a slight flicker when transmitting at high power. It comes with the original box and packing material, HM-36 hand microphone, book, and power cord with Anderson Power Pole connectors. The radio has never been exposed to smokers. As is customary the radio is being sold As-Is due to parts swappers and others who give the brotherhood of ham radio a bad name. For those not familiar with the Icom Pro series, you need to let it “warm up” for a few minutes for the display to come on and come to full brightness. The serial number group is 32027xx for those who care about it. The price is $875 plus shipping. The radio, double boxed will weigh about 35 pounds. PayPal is OK. I can work with you on other methods of payment if you prefer. Not interested in trades. Please email me at my call at Yahoo dot com, as I’m unable to monitor QRZ closely at work.

Attached Files:

K5MTY, ER1CS and W3RSS like this.
  2. W9EBK

I received a question regarding my comment about the display, via email. The display works as it should. When used in the shack I have it set to between 50 and 70 percent full brightness. There just isn't enough punch to the 756 Pro display to be able to use it comfortably outdoors in direct sunlight, without shading it.
    Thanks, Don, W9EBK

3. W9EBK

Potential deal fell through. Radio is still available.

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.