Icom 7410 and fldigi or wsjt-x? I am clueless. Help?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by NG9F, Sep 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I find on the 7410 and 9100 that it still produces a clean output if you actually reduce the power output using the 'PWR' control. This is unlike other ICOMs I've owned/used in the past. This makes up for the lack of an input level control for the internal soundcard.

2. DJ2WK

DJ2WK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

all iss working,ptt switched on,trx goes transceiv,but no hf output!! anybody an idea?

3. NS0S

NS0S Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you doing digital modes? Sounds like the sound isnt getting sent to the radio. Do you have the correct sound card selected?

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you selected the correct sound card (usually NOT the one in the PC)? Adjusted levels?

5. AI4QT

AI4QT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok. Every so often I find WSJT-X sort of contrary. I have configured everything as it should be from the above suggestions. How do I get the slider bar on the left in the green? It's always in the red on my iC 7410. I have my sound card in windows set at 45%. I'm able to decode and transmit with no problem, but the way I understand the slider bar should be in the green around 45%.

6. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you adjusted the microphone input level in sound settings? Here's mine set at 0 dB.
    MicLevel.png

K4VBB likes this.
  7. KT5WB

KT5WB Ham Member QRZ Page

HDMI cables are bi-directional. Data flows both ways between devices connected via HDMI. Back in the day with VGA video cards were output only. Not any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

8. K4VBB

K4VBB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This.

I don't have this problem in Linux. Only Windows, but don't be afraid to turn the input down as low as it needs to go.

N9DSJ likes this.
  9. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

NG9F, after reading through all the above, let me tell you what I do. I have an IC-7410 and use a variety of software (including FLDigi and WSJT-X) through its USB port.

I leave all "set mode" options defaulted except:

40. Data Off Mode - USB
    39. USB Mod Level - adjust for ZERO ALC (the default 50% is WAY too high)

I set the software to connect to IC-7410 and all the software I run knows the default CI-V address is 0x80. (Edit: and of course, I'm assuming you know the correct "com" port the USB driver is assigned and select that in the software, too.)

Sometimes, I have to turn the radio off, then back on, then start the software to get it to connect.

Sometimes, windows turns off audio (lower right speaker in the sys tray has the "red no, circle with a diagonal line through it" symbol over it) and I have to turn it back on.

The only other thing I have to do is make sure the IC-7410 is manually set to Upper Side Band.

Then, I hit the "tune" button in the software, adjust "39. USB Mod Level" for ZERO ALC, and then I'm good to go.

I run Windows 7, and you run Windows 10. If it's still not working, you may have to run your software from an elevated permission level (run as admin).

This works for me. If you've "tried" all the suggestions above, I'd suggest "All Resetting" your IC-7410 to make sure everything in the settings menu is back to default.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019