ad: k1jek

Icom 7300, id-1-ic adapter, and a PC headset

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by KE0BXN, Oct 7, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup. 3.5 mm stereo jack to 3.5 mm mono plug should do it. I did the same thing last year on my Dad's IC-718.

2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A friend bought me an Icom 7300, and I will get it tomorrow. I have heard that the hand mic is excellent. If I upgrade one day, which icom mic has worked best?

I also have a Behringer xm8500, which I wired for my old Yaesu. If I rewire for Icom, will the 7300 have enough gain for it to work well?

Thanks

3. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a pretty good friend I'd say!!
    Excellent is pretty tough to beat. Best?? A lot "just depends".
    It probably will work just fine.

KE0EYJ likes this.
  4. K3RU

K3RU Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a little confused as to what a "id-1-ic" adapter is. If there is such a product ignore this post.

HEIL does make an "ICOM AD-1-IC" adapter which does not have a headphone jack. The AD-1-IC has 2 female jacks, a 1/8" female jack and a 1/4" female jack. The 1/8" jack is for the male plug "IC mic element" mic output of HEIL Pro-Set headphones, and the 1/4" jack is for PTT control such as using a footswitch. The other end of the AD-1-IC plugs into the ICOM radio mic jack. And of course the headphones plug into the separate radio "PHONES" jack. This "AD-1-IC" adapter has no headphone input, just mic and PTT line control.

The HEIL adapter for ICOM is different than say KENWOOD. I have two ICOM AD-1-IC's and the female 1/8" mic input jack says "no cap". HEIL supplies a "special" mic element for ICOM radios. I'm not so sure "just any microphone" will work with an ICOM.

My apologies if this is irrelevant information.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  5. KE0EYJ

Haha. Yes. I paid him back. Picking it up tonight.

Radios are a lot higher, here in Korea. I got the 7300 out of Japan for just over $1,100. Saved about $500. Japan spec, so no 60m, but we do not get 60m in Korea, anyway.

6. W9AMM

W9AMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The supplied hand mic has a little bit of "pop" to it. I did some on air-testing with another station and compared the supplied 7300 mic with an SM-30 from my other Icom rig. The report received was that the SM-30 made the radio come alive. That was with no additional adjustments. Just switching the mics made a world of difference.

KE0EYJ likes this.
  7. KE0EYJ

Just an update... I'm really impressed with the sound of the Icom 7300's supplied hand mic. I'm getting lots of good reports with it. I rolled off the bass a little bit, and added a bit to the highs. Seems to sound great.

I actually got this e-mail, which kind of creeped me out at first, but I know he was just a JA being kind *laugh*:

8. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

The AD-1-IC is the adapter for the Heil traveler headset. It is designed only to interface the electret mic in the headset with the transceiver, hence the "No Cap" tag on the cable. I think the OP meant to say AD-1-IC and transposed ID-1-IC by mistake. They offer another adapter for Icom that contains a cap on the mic input to protect dynamic mic elements.

9. M6OOA

M6OOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorrry to resurect this but I am struggling trying to connect my PC headset mic to Icom 7100. I have the pinout info but not sure what to do re wiring. Looking at the digram I understang what to do with pins 2, 4, 5, 7 &8. Its pins 1, 3, and 6.

[​IMG]

Or does someone have the wring diagram for the Heil AD-1-iCM adaptor?

10. M6OOA

M6OOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well i have figured it out