ad: ProAudio-1

Icom 7300 Connects With LDG AT-600ProII Autotuner For Perfect Match

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Feb 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe not perfect, but if you're running a small amplifier with your Icom 7300, the LDG AT-600ProII Autotuner and M-600 analog meter are a good combination.

at600proii_m600.jpg

Full article

F4VSE and W7LDG like this.
  2. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

nice article.

I run an ALS-600/AT600PROII/IC7300 in one position, and an AL-80/MFJ986/IC7300 in the other position. The automation of the first station is very nice/fast. The metering in the second station is convenient too.

The ALS600 has a true meter built in, but I like the idea and had not thought about the LDG meter -seems like it would be easy to use your own meter with an interface to the LDG tuner (if it's like the Yaesu meter that LDG makes)- is the meter / tuner combo a true peak reading meter (I use a Kenwood peak reading meter, but i like your point of avoiding one more coax jumper if the LDG tuner/meter combo works as a true peak reading meter.

K0PIR likes this.
  3. W5DPH

W5DPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice write up. I have a AT600proII for sale if any one is interested. W5DPH@YAHOO.COM or 5806951118.

K0PIR likes this.
  4. K0PIR

Nice setup Joe and thank you. After having it for a little while and running a few nets with this setup, it's working good and the meter is nice too. The M-600 meter info says that it is a "Peak Hold".

I also like that I can have the AT-600ProII set for average and the M-600 set for peak. They are independent of each other.

Thanks again, best 73 - Rich, K0PIR

5. K0PIR

Thank you Joseph!