ad: vanity

ICom 706mkii HSend, VSend through 13-pin ACC port?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KE0KDQ, Jul 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KE0KDQ

KE0KDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi folks,

I'm using an XGGComms interface purchased through EBay to link FLDigi to my 706mkii (non G version).

PSK31, RTTY and other alt modes work great on HF. I can't get the PC to key the rig in 2M mode, though. Looking at the 13-pin ACC port the interface hits the rig with, it appears there are two different pins (VSEND and HSEND) that key the rig based on which mode the radio's in (HF/6M or 2M).

Is there a setting in FLDigi to switch which pin is grounded for PTT/keying the rig based on which band you're in?

Here's the link to the manual's description of the pinout, on PDF page 9 of 64: http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/IC-706MK2.pdf

2. AA4PB

AA4PB Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that you may be able to jumper VSEND and HSEND together so that it will key either side automatically. It looks like you also may be able to use the RTTY jack's PTT to key either side. My "G" version has a VSEND SEL menu that will configure the HSEND and VSEND functions but I don't think that is available in the non "G" version.

KA0HCP likes this.
  3. KE0KDQ

KE0KDQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone have any idea if AA4PB's idea of jumpering VSEND and HSEND will work?

Should I do this in the radio, in the cord?

Is there a way to do this in the software? Using FLDIGI for now but also have HR Deluxe if that helps.

4. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Wouldn't jumpering HSEND and VSEND cause both the HF and VHF transmitters to transmit at the same time? I don't think this is what you want. Try a different interface cable for VHF.