ad: UR5CDX-1

Icom 706 Mk II G stolen remote control head

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC5MLE, Sep 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KC5MLE

KC5MLE Ham Member QRZ Page

My pickup was broken into 4 or 5 years ago. One of the things they stole was the control head, mic, and remote cable of the IC-706 MKIIG SN 02696. I do not expect recovery. I figure whoever the meth head tried to sell to probably told them it was worthless without the radio body and threw it away.

The body was in a custom mount bolted under the driver's seat rear bolts. They tried to take the 8 ga wire pulling it through the carpet. Then, they decided it was too much work.

I was too disgusted to deal with it at the time. I'm now driving more than 5 minutes at a time and want to get on the air. So it's time to deal with it. I'm not sure where is best to post about this. If this would be better in a different forum, maybe someone could move it.

I have the IC-706 MKIIG body but no head. I'd like to find someone with a good control head who either wants a working radio body, maybe as a spare, or wants to get rid of the head.

The radio body was working when the head was stolen, but that was a few years ago. The below picture was taken while it was still mounted under the seat.

[​IMG]

2. W8BJZ

W8BJZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Kc5mle W8bjz here name is john have a spar control head for a ic-706MKIIG if you wish to contact me 313-363-1703 or fac02a@aol.com