ICOM 2300H Scan Question

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio' started by K4BOM, Dec 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4BOM

K4BOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Howdy,

I am NOT yelling! Have to write in bold so that I can read what I am saying!:rolleyes:

I have programed this radio with about 10 frequencies. No problem. However, there are a few ratchet jaws on some of these repeaters that go on and on and on...know what I mean?

I am looking for a quick and easy way to bypass these and scan the rest of the stations by way of the microphone buttons. Then after a while add these stations back onto the scan pattern.

Any ideas?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

~<:Sssssssssssssnake/""

2. N4DJC

N4DJC Ham Member QRZ Page

IIRC, you can set your primary (the ones without the rag chew crew) memory channels to priority and just scan those channels. The regular scan will include all memory channels.

3. K4BOM

K4BOM Ham Member QRZ Page

GREAT idea. Not like I'm going to run out of memory channels.

THANKS!

N4DJC likes this.
  4. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

My suggestion would be to check out the manual, page 32, where it describes "Skip Channel Setting".

Another option is to use the Memory Bank feature described on page 23, and then scan different banks depending which one you are more interested in, at that moment.

It's all in the manual, easily found here:
    https://www.icomamerica.com/en/downloads/default.aspx?Category=459

Best Wishes,
    David / N2PQW

5. WL7PM

WL7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Park on a quiet frequency?
    ... Mine lives on 146.52

6. N4DJC

N4DJC Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine runs very hot on high power (long QSO’s), so I’ve been running 25 watts. Is this a common issue? It’s used as a base rig with the mount on the bottom.