ad: chuckmartin

IC7300 using RSBA1 goes into transmit after turning on

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KR6AUL, Feb 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been trying to fix this issue for a week. I have an RSBA1 and IC7300. It has been working fine until recently when I turn on the radio with the RSBA1, 5 seconds into running it will go into transmit on its own and sit there. I have tried reinstalling the drives, reinstalling the software, checking all connections and resetting the radio. This does not happen when turning the radio on manually or running Ham Radio Deluxe. I just cannot seem to find the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Too many variables here for me to even hazard a guess. Usually, the first thing you want to do when you notice a symptom like this is stop. Then ask the question, "what was changed just prior to this?"

Did you add or change any interconnect wires? (could be related to RFI)

Did you change any of the configuration settings your IC-7300? (accidentally change the CI-V default address or something?)

Did you just add or remove any software? (could have rolled back a driver)

Make any changes to the software firewall running on your server side RSBA1?

Did any update just happen to your OS? (not all updates go smoothly)

Any changes to any hardware firewall you're going through?

Reinstalling the drive(r)s and software may have complicated things.

If I were to try to troubleshoot this problem, I would start from scratch.

1) Uninstall all related software, drivers, then run some kind of drive clean up program like CCleaner. Hard reset the IC-7300 configurations settings, then make changes you know worked before.

2) Disconnect anything not needed, simplify the wiring down to bare minimum. (just the USB cable)

3) Load up server side of RSBA1 and see if it communicates with the radio. If this is where it sends the radio into transmit, then it's a driver or configuration setting in server side of RSBA1.

4) Load up the client side of RSBA1 (inside your router/firewall if you have one) and see if you can communicate with the radio. If this is where it sends the radio into transmit, then it's a driver or configuration setting in client side of RSBA1.

5) Then set up the client side of RSBA1 (outside your router/firewall--if this is how you're currently using it) and see if you can communicate with the radio. If this is where it sends the radio into transmit, then the firewall is doing something funny, like not just port forwarding but port triggering--some firewall in/out rule or configuration.

Sorry, that's all I can provide. Hope you're able to fix it. Keep Occam's razor in mind as you work your way to a solution.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you using a USB-2 Port ?

What version of Windows ?

4. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

Check Menu, SET-Connectors-USB SEND/Keying-USB SEND

If set to "RTS", try setting to "OFF"

Frank

5. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Frank,
    I do not know how RTS got set to on. I usually do not touch those settings but I do drink and I do take medication sometimes for sleep. It is a possobility that I came up on my stoopers and changed the setting. I am glad it was me because the other option would be blame the wife. And as much as she does tollerate the radios, she will not tollerate it when she is blamed for something she did not do. I will hear it for a month than, half and so on.
    My issue was resolved.

KA9JLM likes this.