ad: cq2k-1

IC705 Demo Models arriving at Amateur outlets in Japan

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by ZS1SBW, May 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. ZS1SBW

ZS1SBW QRZ Lifetime Member #505 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nichiei Musen in Nihonbashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka Japan received their demo IC705. Not an ideal time for in store tryout, given current Covid19 situation. Inspective of language barrier, the video demo strikes a chord.

73 ZS1SBW

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    E25MTT, KI7HSB, N0YG and 6 others like this.
  2. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the video presentation. Lucky you to get one for demo. Every one else in the Ham world are waiting to get their hands on one to try. Take care and stay safe. 73 de John - G0WXU.

WW8DDP likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nifty radio, demo'ed at Orlando Hamfest:)

Waiting for availability in States....

WW8DDP likes this.
  4. N5JXO

N5JXO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I f you turn on closed captions auto-generated, then exit the settings menu and go back in, you can turn on auto translate to English subtitles. Works better than listening to Japanese.

KW9WK, ZS1SBW, WE2DX and 1 other person like this.
  5. VE4MM

VE4MM Ham Member QRZ Page

I pre-ordered one last year.

Looks pretty cool.

Game Changer.

MM

6. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

...and the translations are sometimes pretty funny ;)

I lived in Japan for 7 months in 2015... oh the memories of the tech stores in Akihabra (Tokyo). I went into a couple ham radio stores too. I'll never forget the HUMONGOUS 4-story Icom banner attached to a building advertising an HT!

I, like many of us are anticipating this rig!

"Life just got longer for more QRP!"

WW2PT, G3SEA, ZS1SBW and 1 other person like this.
  7. K4OM

K4OM Ham Member QRZ Page

He kept calling it an ICOM 7. There is a 100 watt marine radio. A GM 800.Gear with that radio include an antenna that is self tuning (80-10).
    The manual is on the ICOM site in English. I am wondering if the IC-705 and the ICOM GM800 are brothers.

8. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh boy, the auto English translation is just too funny,
    I'm amazed that we still cannot get good translation from any language to English.

For instance when he shows the boxed radio the english translation is FIRST OF ALL, THIS IS A BOX

then IT"S ABOUT THE SIZE COMPARED TO 1 VAPOR ???

next when he has the tape measure measuring the box translation is 'there is a little power is 26.5 cm'

then HAHA IS CALLED A KILLER, no idea what that translated from

but all in all me and another ham had a blast with the useless translator here during lunch reading and trying to decipher it.
    This was the funniest translation= I'M SICK OF THIS BECAUSE IT DIDN'T MELT IN THE GRAVEYARD

We needed a laugh

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    G3SEA, NQ8J, WE2DX and 5 others like this.
  9. K4OM

K4OM Ham Member QRZ Page

A wireless lan feature is built in. Bluetooth as well.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I was actually announced 8th no problem at that time of my life. But I still wasn't cheese with the right number ;):p

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2020-5-19_14-26-45.png

KD0UUU, AK5B, ZS1SBW and 5 others like this.
  11. N0YG

N0YG Ham Member QRZ Page

What does the price translate to in USD?

12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

From what I've read, somewhere around $1200 to start. Like all new Icom releases, it will sell at or even above MSRP in the first wave, then start dialing down. Probably within a year it will hit the $999 level I would guess

Dave
    W7UUU

13. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Best Un-Boxing video I've ever seen, it has to be when it starts out "First of all, This is a BOX"; HA !

W7HT likes this.
  14. N8IDA

N8IDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Waters and Stanton announced it would sell for 1299 pounds in Great Britain, that translates to approximately $1540 USD. The 1299 may contain VAT

15. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Fun to watch unboxing. But I'm not sure about the background music, sounds like "Bridge Over The River Kwai". (ouch!)

AK5B and G3SEA like this.