Canceled IC-R70 with intermittent issue

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K5OOO, Dec 4, 2019 at 7:53 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5OOO

K5OOO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

IC-R70 receiver

Selling my IC-R70 receiver. Looks showroom!

Has had the following mods:

Stock AM filters changed to Kiwa 6.5 blue dot filter.

Optional FL44 SSB filter installed.

Kiwa audio mod kit installed.

All of the audio, signal and power supply caps have been changed with the VE3PVS cap kit.

New replacement bulb installed in the signal meter display.

This will come in the original box which is in terrible shape but does offer some protection and will be double boxed. Also will include the power cable but no manual.

Now the bad news!
    568921D6-00D5-49D9-916D-1CECBF53DD6C.jpeg It is now loosing display and audio after less than a minute. I can turn it off then back on and it does it again. One time it stayed for better than 30 mins. Just getting to old to mess with it.

Make me an offer. PayPal is preferable.

2. K5OOO

Well good news! Another ham (Bob) suggested tightening all the board mounting screws which I did and the issue has almost entirely gone away. It did at one point in the past 2 hours loose the display but not the audio and by just touching the tuning knob it came back up.

W1TRY and VE3VTG like this.
  3. K5OOO

Looks like the issue is resolved. On all night and still running excellent.
    $250.00 shipped

VE3VTG and K7SWT like this.
  4. K5OOO

Still loosing the display from time to time but maintaining audio. Will drop my price to $200.00 and take the hit.

5. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI flaky solder connections are very common with these as they age. I've fixed a bunch in my R71. Some quality time with a soldering iron may sort this all out.

K5OOO likes this.
  6. K5OOO

Please Cancel

7. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.