ad: Amateur-1

IC-PW2 Release Date

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK6FD, Jan 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. VK6FD

VK6FD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just wondering if anyone knows when iCom are likely to release their new linear amplifier?

NE3R likes this.
  2. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am waiting patiently also.... No word?

3. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

Solid state amplifiers have really come a long way.

4. VK6FD

No word so far

5. AB3IE

AB3IE Ham Member QRZ Page

I did a search in Japanese: it seems the realest date has not yet been announced in Japan either.

VK6FD likes this.
  6. VK6FD

I rang DX Engineering to find out what they knew about the IC-PW2 release date. They said it was not expected to be released until late 2021! Really?? Sounds like this product has some serious problems!

7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One think I know...I will be unlikely to be able to afford one--which doesn't mean I don't want one. ;)

8. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Given that the availability of the IC-PW2 is still about a year away I am thinking about the PowerGenius XL. I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts that may have the Xl and how it stacks up against what we know (preliminary data I realize) about the coming IC-PW2. If both were available when you bought the XL which would you have chosen? Also interested in knowing how the XL plays with other rigs. I have a IC-7300 and IC-9100.

9. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard the fans in the PowerGenius XL were so loud hams are putting it in another room.

10. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's not good. It's one of the things I dislike about my ALS-606S. Quiet fans would be high on my required list.
    I did the fan mod for my IC-7300 and now I can't believe I held off so long. Should have changed it years ago.

The new Noctura fan is silent, like there is no fan in there at all. And I see no difference on the temperature scale
    compared to the OEM fan.