ad: w5yi

IC-7610

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KB1NXE, Nov 2, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard someone on the air talking about it and they said maybe next march. Have to wait and see I guess. I thought it was a plot to keep it off the market until near the holidays so all good girls and boys could treat themselves to a nice new radio.

3. N8XTH

N8XTH Ham Member QRZ Page

In talking to an employee of a ham retailer, ICOM is talking about a december release date, now.

4. KB1NXE

But isn't it up to the FCC and their approval (or rather their contractor)??? Or has the approval been obtained and ICOM is milking the market? Who knows.

And I guess Google is your friend. I found the test report. It appears it passed the contractors tests: https://fccid.io/AFJ386400/Test-Report/FCC-Part-15-121-Test-Report-3628439 and the FCC Granted its sale YESTERDAY! Gotta love the Internet.

COPY FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS
    COMMISSION
    WASHINGTON, D.C. 20554

GRANT OF EQUIPMENT
    AUTHORIZATION COPY
    Certification

ICOM Incorporated
    1-1-32 Kamiminami Hirano-ku
    Osaka, 547-0003
    Japan Date of Grant: 11/06/2017

Application Dated: 11/03/2017

Attention: Atsushi Tomiyama , General Manager

NOT TRANSFERABLE
    EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

FCC IDENTIFIER: AFJ386400
    Name of Grantee: ICOM Incorporated
    Equipment Class: Scanning Receiver
    Notes: IC-7610
    Modular Type: Does not apply
    Grant Notes FCC Rule Parts Frequency
    Range (MHZ) Output
    Watts Frequency
    Tolerance Emission
    Designator
    15B 30.0 - 60.0

Mail To:

EA138230
    Grants authorize equipment for operation at approved frequencies and sale within the USA. Click an above grant to view details

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure how to read that.

Equipment Class: Scanning Receiver

NOT TRANSFERABLE
    EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

The output range and power is left blank as well. Are the RX and TX 2 separate authorizations?
    Did people actually pay ahead of time when they pre-ordered? Is ICOM playing with other people's money before they have a grant from the FCC? That's insane.

6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

More conspiracy accusations. shakes head.

Icom doesn't have anybody's money. They don't sell direct.

Any money taken in deposit on advance sales went to a retailer.

Cover your microphones and keys with foil.

N5VAF and N8XTH like this.
  7. N8XTH

N8XTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Other places I've read today have an Icom rep confirming approval as of yesterday with the FCC. Prices to be announced soon, availability with retailers in December.

8. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WTF! Please reread.......that was a QUESTION, not an accusation. I forgot the question mark. My bad.....I've corrected the original post.

I asked the question because I did not know the answer, not to cast dispersion. No reason to shake your head.

BTW, the real question was about the FCC authorization. Do you know the answer to that or are you just trolling to find someone to flame?

9. KB1NXE

I believe the transmitter section is type accepted. The receiver is a scanning capable receiver and under the commissions rules is what needs to be tested.

When dealing with the government, don't expect it to make sense... ;)

I didn't pay (and no one could take your money anyway - legally) for a radio. I did pay for a slot to buy one (waiting list), and that money is applied to the price when I do buy it (or lost if I don't). Lots of the major resellers were doing this. HRO was cheap at $30. Others were like $50.

If anyone was playing with money, it was the resellers. They likely made a few dollars on the float of that money on deposit.

N2SUB likes this.
  10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Since you've already ordered one I think, congratulations on your purchase of a new scanning receiver!

The transmitter comes separately and is an option.:p

Actually, this isn't an unusual designation; for Part 15 compliance, required for about anything with an oscillator in it, only the receiver is actually tested for radiated and conducted emissions. Part 97 compliance verification is required for the transmitter (only) to assure it meets the harmonic content limits. Normally, two different reports.

N2SUB likes this.