IC 7610 and HDSDR wont connect

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by K5HS, Mar 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5HS

K5HS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Trying to marry the two pieces and hdsdr wont recognize the radio
    Here is what I have:
    1. 7610 with the latest firmware 1.20, and even reflashed the radio
    2 USB 3.0 cable
    3 Dell Laptop with USB 3.0 port Win 10 64 bit
    4.download from Icom site with drivers and hdsdr, even installed latest version of hdsdr

when I start hdsdr I receive a cannot communicate with radio error.

Now, I do not see the named IC-7610 I/Q OUT Port listed under device manager, I see another named device (I am not in front of the pc, sorry). This device does disappear when I unplug the usb cable so it is the port on the radio.
    So it appears the software is not installing the correct device driver or windowz is interpreting it as something different.
    Since the install package is automatic I dont see a way to find the driver and try to install it seperatly.
    Any one have any thoughts?

2. WC7CT

WC7CT QRZ Member QRZ Page

Probably 1 of 2 things. Either the port is not opened up, or the device driver is wrong.
    Open Control panel in Windows, look for devices or system and find device manager, then find your device if it showing and
    it should show driver version and box for updating.
    Most likely you will have to open the port on Windows, and its been so long since I had to do that I've forgotten.
    Anyone remember how to open the port on Windows?

3. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Make sure your com ports are configured correctly. I had a similar issue when i was connecting HRD to my IC-7610.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

@N5UG

You may need to run zadig.exe if you have not done so.

That will set your port then Windows will see your hardware.

And make sure ExtIO_RTL is in the HDSDR directory.

Good Luck.

5. K5HS

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.All the ports were there and ddls in their locations.

Well upon further investigation I did find the correct driver using device manager and update driver after a search by unticking show only compatible drivers.

IC-7610 I/Q OUT now is displayed, however, HDSDR still displays the connection error.

As a test, I installed win4icom suite and the bandscope component works on that app, but I have not ascertained if this app uses the USB3.0 connection or the CIV port. The Suite is a nie app and I will use it instead of hdsdr.

6. N5SMO

N5SMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you set the proper connector in the 7610 menu for IF out on the USB port?

7. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you download omnirig?

8. K5HS

Yes it works with Win4Icom Suite perfectly, I can select the IF out display in the program and it works perfectly.

9. K5HS

Well I have omnirig on my pc from another app but did not open it up.
    I missed that part in the directions, I will try that.