ad: M2Ant-1

IC-756 ProIII vs Ten-Tec

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by WD6S, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB9LZ

AB9LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll second that with a recent experience with a pro3, my 746pro has the same problems. That said, the orion at the local club/museum station is an ergonomic pos, the main tuning knob squeaks, the multi thing sucks in the heat of things etc. The receiver is better than average from what I can tell.

73 m/4

2. PE2MC

PE2MC Ham Member

ae5eh a bit over reacted

Hi all

I own a FT2k and i can tel ya a few details.
    Living in a neighbourhood that are having a lot of transmitting radio freq and all sort of things.

So a radio has to work or it's crap.

I did had a 706 847 746 pro3 none of those radios survived the shack .. lot of splatter and all of that crap i did get from the radio..

None of my radio now days have any problem with the big signals in the air..

100kw from a am transmitter.. 100kw from a fm freq we have dab etc etc./.

So don't over react if you don't know where you talking about.

I also say the FT2000 is not the best but it performs quite as good as my 1000mp or ft1000d..

Marco pe2mc

3. KM6AB

KM6AB Ham Member QRZ Page

I love reading all the responses to the original poster who is asking for comparisons between the PRO III and the Omni VII. None of the responses so far are from anyone who has specific experience with both rigs! If you go to the Omni VII Yahoo group you will find lots of people who own and operate both rigs and it seems they all put their PRO IIIs on the shelf or sold them in favor of the Omni VII. I read these reports and it swayed me to purchase an Omni VII.
    Mike

4. ae5eh

ae5eh Guest

pe2mc needs to learn how to read

those were copies of K3EY's posts. those were his words not mine. it was a joke/spoof. you didn't get it:eek:

5. WD6S

WD6S Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm the original poster. It took me 5 months, but I bought the Icom 756 Pro III a couple of weeks ago and I am thrilled.:D I still don't know how to use all the features of the radio, but the basic functions are straightforward to learn and use.

Of course my IC 746, IC-7000, IC 706 mk IIg, and assorted IC-2m/440 radios were a big influence.

Thanks for all of your opinions and advice.

Bob

6. ae5eh

ae5eh Guest

Have fun with the PROIII Bob!

It is a fine little package. Not that I know anything, but I always say the best/favorite radio is the one that does what you want it to do, for the price you were willing to pay. And what does it matter what it looks like, or who makes it? As long as you enjoy it, and it makes you happy that is all that matters.

And I agree with you on the influence thing. My IC7000, IC910H, and IC756PROIII, really influenced the purchase of a IC7700 from Gigaparts today. Can't wait for it to get here.

Have fun with that PROIII.

73, de terry ae5eh:)

7. PE2MC

PE2MC Ham Member

I can read.. but the lines above are from K3EY i did reacted one your comment.
    Really blown out of the sky.. total noncense..

Still don't need glasses!!

Marco Pe2mc

8. ae5eh

ae5eh Guest

Then maybe lessons in spelling and speaking?

Then maybe spelling in english/grammer? Or do you resent the fact that english in spoken in a lot of the world? You are not making sense. Try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dan misschien spelling in het Engels/grammatica? Of neemt u het feit kwalijk dat het Engels in gesproken in de heel wat wereld? U houdt geen steek. Probeer opnieuw. :)

9. K9XR

K9XR Ham Member QRZ Page

AE5EH,
    Your posts were very confusing. The only reason I knew what was going on was that I happened to see the original posts. My GRAMMAR and spelling may not always be perfect, but I know confusing when I see it. There is really no need to rip someone who doesn't follow your confusion.

10. ae5eh

ae5eh Guest

Credit where it wasn't due.

You two are easily confused? My apologies for challenging your cognitive skills. Oh, my grammar and spelling aren't perfect either, nor is anything else I do.

Just so you'll know. Sorry ladies for ripping you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AE5EH,
    Uw posten waren zeer verwarrend. De enige reden wist ik wat gebeurde
    was dat ik gebeurde om de originele posten te zien. Mijn GRAMMATICA en
    spelling kunnen niet altijd perfect zijn, maar ik ken het verwarren
    van wanneer ik het zie. Er is werkelijk geen behoefte om iemand te
    scheuren wie uw verwarring niet volgt.

U twee bent gemakkelijk verward? Mijn verontschuldigingen voor de
    uitdaging van uw cognitieve vaardigheden. Oh, mijn grammatica en
    spelling aren't perfectioneren of, noch zijn iets anders ik.

Enkel zo zult u het weten. Droevige dames voor het scheuren van u.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.