IC-7410 Front Face-plate Removal?

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KK4CUL, Jul 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all -- I took about a two year break after some unfortunate events, but finally bought my second IC-7410 for a great price from the same gentleman I bought my first from! What are those odds? Anyway, he shipped it double-boxed and it must have been dropped by USPS because all three of the knobs on the left hand side were shoved through the internal box. The top one isn't damaged at all; the bottom two are still functional but the circuit board they are mounted two has a lot of wiggle room. I don't wish to return it or send it back as I have been wanting one of these for a couple months and the price was great. I don't want to charge it back to the previous owner, as he has been extremely nice and accommodating. He said he can look into the insurance, but it's just $50 worth and shipping to a service center and back is going to be more than double that. Now I am pretty good with a screwdriver, soldering pen, and disassembling things. I am just nervous about trying to get the face plate off something that cost as much as it did. Also, I can tell from the assembly that the knobs (including big VFO knob) will need to be removed to get the plate off and I assume multiple ribbons, wires, and wiring harnesses. Has anyone found a service instructions? I have found a couple sites that require you to be a subscriber or vendor, etc. But I just wanted to see if anyone had experience. Thanks and 73!
    Ross
    KK4CUL

2. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

A very nice person located a service manual for me -- thanks all for looking. I will tackle it to the best of my ability and post pictures if I am able to disassemble without breaking.

Thanks!

KA9JLM likes this.