IC-7300 wsjt-x sound problem FT-8

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by SP8SN, May 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. SP8SN

SP8SN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all. There is a problem with my sound during the transmission of the FT-8 with the internal IC7300 sound card. In addition to the basic sound beam on the spectrum, an additional beam appears about 1kHz higher. You can see it in the picture below. The additional beam is much weaker, but one station decoded it and responded to that frequency. The problem occurs in WSJT-X and JTDX (newest versions). The sound is clean from the HSVM software (newest version). Here is just the basic beam. I use a USB cable with separation. Sound levels in all soft are the same. Where does this sound come from?
    Regards, Robert SP8SN

WSJT-X & JTDX: wsjt-x & jtdx.JPG

MSHV: mshv.JPG

2. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have seen a few double decodes that I had attributed to multi-path. Interesting. One thing I do see in the pictures, based on the s/po meter is that the drive level for wsjt-x appears to be full power, while mshv is very low. If you have your alc meter in view during the test transmission, does it over shoot, or appear to on the wsjt-x test? If so, bring the pwr slider on wsjt-x down until you are down in the alc range and see if the artifact doesn't go away.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  3. SP8SN

Thanks for the answer. The second picture is taken when switching to RX, so it seems that the power is small. In both cases the power was 100% and the level of soft control was also the same. Of course, everything is set to be in the ALC range. It looks as if the soft one sent an extra signal. In the evening I will do additional tests on other mods and post results here. Robert

4. SP8SN

Problem solved. It was necessary to change the sampling frequency of the sound card to 48kHz (DVD). Now the signal is clear. Thank you and best regards.
    Robert SP8SN