IC 7300 + SDRPlay?

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by N6MST, Jul 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

I use an LDG IT-100 on my Homebrew vertical so I don't have the spot available for the Inrad receive antenna module. I was thinking about using an SDRPlay RSP1A as a separate receiver and put up a big receive loop.

Has anyone done this or something similar? Is there a way to transmit 100 watts safely without melting the SDR?

2. K4MJA

K4MJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

https://www.radioanalog.com/ptrx-7300/

4. N6MST

5. N6MST

I don't think this addresses the issue?

6. VA3VF

Did you see the connections? It supports the antenna tuner.

7. N6MST

Ooohhhh, ok, I see that now. So yeah this would work, kinda pricey though. Thanks for the link!

8. VA3VF

It's the 'Cadillac' way of doing it in the 7300. The 'plusses' may justify the cost. I'm still 'deliberating' about purchasing one myself. I'm not too 'hot' on panadaptors, but this one seems to do it competently.

9. N6MST

Thinking more about it, this doesn't actually accomplish what I want to do. I want a big receive loop but the PTRX-7300 would be simply piping the 7300's antenna through to the RSP. But still, thank you for the information!

10. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Depending on radio, PTT or key out signal used to energize a small relay to ground the input to the SDR. My something similar is turning on a call sign on air sign using key out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019