IC-7300 Reviews Are Excellent

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, Apr 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The hits just keep on coming. For the moment at least the IC-7300 is 5 over 5 on eham reviews. I'm waiting for some malcontent to post a bogus review just to knock it down. We have all seen them, I bought mine yesterday and it killed my dog then it exploded and burned my house down and Icom says tough teabags. You know, stuff like that.

But so far the reviews have been great, still waiting for ARRL testing and Sherwood testing results.

ic-7300.jpg

K2HAT and N3AWS like this.
  2. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

The Sherwood evaluation is out. Wish I had the link, but I don't. I haven't heard if Adam Farson's report is out yet or not.

3. VE4CY

VE4CY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My 7300 has loose parts inside, you could hear it when you shake the radio.

Upon applying power, a mushroom cloud emerged and it make a loud BOOM sound that broke the window in the shack.

After crawling back out from under the desk, I tried plugging in my key and the key melted down, now it's just a pile of molten brass on the desk, and the desk burned right under it.

I'm not giving up, though.:)

You mean that kind of review, John?

K4XJ and KA4DPO like this.
  6. W0CD

W0CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They just released updated firmware too, which is a good sign that they aren't going to "release and forget".

7. W9RDC

W9RDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course they're not going to do that. They need to iron out the core bits, so they can use them in the higher grade models that are in the pipeline. I would expect them to be more active with updates to the 7300 than they were with the last few models combined.

I'm really liking the looks of this radio. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

NL7W and N3AWS like this.
  8. W0CD

W0CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I think it's obvious why they started with the "entry level" radio. This is the proving grounds before integrating the tech into their high end transceivers.

NL7W and N3AWS like this.
  9. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree!
    Icom has certainly dipped a big-toe into fully SDR waters... perhaps a whole foot at this point. :)

N3AWS likes this.
  10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just saw a LIVE ONE!!!!
    I coulda taken one home, if I ONLY HAD MONEY!!!
    13001113_10153996409459927_4303575445311511611_n.jpg
    at the SAN DIEGO HRO STORE!!!