IC-7300 Clock Battery Failure

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by NZ4J, Jun 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G7OXK

G7OXK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I fitted a 1F capacitor in place of the battery in my 7300 a few days ago and all seems fine so far.
    Not an easy job removing the tiny battery
    John G7OXK

2. PP7LP

PP7LP Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't find the original battery to buy in Brazil and neither Icom nor any other store I found the battery online will ship to Brazil so I was trying to find another battery here to replace the original. I found Maxell ML1220 and ML2032. They are bigger than the original (and have also more capacity) so an adaption would be necessary. Does anybody tried something like that? Does anybody see any problem?

3. G4AON

G4AON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you still happy with the 1F capacitor? I have an IC9700 which unfortunately has the same dreaded watch battery, but unfortunately mounted under a soldered down screening plate, making replacement quite a chore.
    If/when mine fails, I will probably replace it with a similar large capacitor mounted on short wires, insulated with heat shrink and glued down...
    73 Dave

W9WQA likes this.
  4. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

whatever you use i would extend a wire out so you never mess with that place again...

VE4AJM likes this.