IC-7300 and RS-BA1 IP Remote Control Software

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by K9JAJ, Dec 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K9JAJ

K9JAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been racking my brain for over a week now trying to get the RS-BA1 software to work on my new IC-7300.

I appear to have full functionality on both the local (the one connected directly to the radio) and the remote computer...everything connects just fine...

HOWEVER...no Transmit from the Remote Computer. I've double triple quadruple checked things...the MOD meter in Remote Utility bounces when I speak into the mic...but NOTHING happens when I click on TRANSMIT on the Remote Control side of things.

I could really use some help. Please. Anyone?

73 de K9JAJ

2. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W6FCC

W6FCC Ham Member QRZ Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to K9JAJ:

Running Windows 7 Ultimate, Latest IC-7300 Firmware, latest RS-BA1 updates.

I've also been testing for 3 days with WZ2D. Both of us are Computer Software experts.

In my opinion, either the Icom 7300 firmware update and/or the latest Remote and RS-BA1 update, or both, have never been checked by ICOM or whoever developed this very poorly designed collection of patches to what might have worked at one time.

Until they actually TEST the software with their CURRENT firmware and UPDATE and do it OVER THE INTERNET, we are simply wasting time with this.

I wish I had better results to report. The program works okay on a LAN (same network) but does NOT work over the internet, PERIOD -- FULL STOP.

Jeff, W6FCC Ph.D.[/QUOTE]

Check this PDF file: A Visual Guide. It seems complete, but it was published in 2016
    before the update.

https://vk2ji.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/rs-ba1-visual-install-notes-v11.pdf

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

It does work over the Internet. Go into the Remote Utility on the client PC, select the Radio List tab. Select, and connect to your radio. At the bottom of the RU there are 3 buttons (AF/MOD/Monitor). Click on MOD. Make sure Mic is selected in the MOD Select window. Also check the MIC SET in the Remote Control app, it should be set to USB. I would also check on your router that Port 50003 is actually forwarding.

5. W6FCC

The program explanation was the problem. I created a group on Facebook "ICOM RS-BA1" and several videos on youtube explaining the client/server model, which is the key to getting connected without guesswork.

See: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RadioElmer/

and a set of videos http://bit.ly/2v8jMQ8

Jeff, W6FCC admin Facebook Group "RadioElmer"

6. W6FCC

7. KY0L

KY0L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you tried using Win4IcomSuite? You can try it for free. Search for “win4icomsuite”. I don’t you can remote control directly to the Icom HF radio, or you need a local computer physically next to the Icom HF radio, and remote control to the local computer. I use Real VNC Connect for remote controlling computers.