IC-7300 and Fldigi

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W6AAX, Apr 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W6AAX

W6AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying to get Fldigi to work with my new IC-7300. The radio uses a USB cable from the radio to the computer for communications/rig control. The ICOM driver has been installed successfully. I assigned the software for USB audio and it decodes PSK-31 very nicely but unable to get the radio to transmit. Not sure if baud rate needs to be set in the menu or there are still parameters in the software to be configured. Any ideas out there?

2. KF5RRF

KF5RRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

@W6AAAX

Have you set-up rig control in FLDigi, yet? Your choices are Hamlib or RigCAT.

Even if you have, it's doubtful there's any support for the IC-7300 in either library. However, that doesn't mean you couldn't use one of the other radio configurations (say the IC-7200, for example) to see if it would work. You may have to experiment a bit.

3. W6AAX

Thanks, Good point. I would think that one of the other radio configurations my do the trick,
    Al
    W6AAX

4. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you want rig control you will need CI-V cable.

5. KF5RRF

On several Icom radios, including the IC-7300, you can do rig control/CI-V through the USB cable (see pages 2-3, 12-9, and 19-2 of the IC-7300 Advanced Manual).

6. KD9CKB

KD9CKB Ham Member QRZ Page

yup my icom 7410 and 7200 both do rig control through the same usb as the audio/digital signal im sure the 7300 is the same

7. W6AAX

Yup, the USB connection on the 7300 should do rig control.

OH8MWD likes this.
  8. W6AAX

KF5RRF likes this.
  9. KF5RRF

10. N4STG

N4STG Ham Member QRZ Page

Use rigcat and the xml above, should make changing filters from macros possible, it did for the 7200.