IC-7300 and CW Skimmer

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by IT9PQJ, Sep 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. IT9PQJ

IT9PQJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,
    do you know how to connect CW Skimmer to the IC-7300 in order to have large RX bandwidth?
    I've seen that the radio should be set for IF and put into CW mode. In CW Skimmer settings, radio type should be selected as IF-Softrock.
    Once this is done I see the Skimmer window showing 9-kHz instead of 3, but CW Skimmer requires "Audio IF, Hz" and I just can't figure out what value to set in order to have it working right.
    Nico

F6HRP likes this.
  2. DD5XX

DD5XX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

did you get it to work?

3. IT9PQJ

No, I did not make any further attempt.
    Nico

4. DD5XX

DD5XX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad to hear. I am also wondering how it is possible to get CW skimmer to work with the IC-7300 at a bandwidth greater than 3kHz.

5. KL7IXW

KL7IXW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nico: Did you ever get your Icom 7300 to work w/CW Skimmer at 9-kHz spread? - Ward Merdes, KL7IXW Fairbanks, Alaska

6. IT9PQJ

Hi Ward,
    no, I'm sorry. I gave up.

7. KL7IXW

KL7IXW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For what it's worth, I was able to get the broader, 9 Khz spread - and to have CW Skimmer actually show my frequency. The key was to download and "force" my computer to use the ICOM USB driver. Now, if only I could get CW Skimmer to actually decode worth a damn - the way it once did with a 3 Khz spread. It seems to be a bit tone deaf at present. Hope this helps. - Ward

8. PY2CP

PY2CP Ham Member QRZ Page

Just upgrade firmware to 1.30.. it will enlarge it.

9. PY2CP

PY2CP Ham Member QRZ Page

Im having troubles to set it up..in my 2.1 version it doesnt appear ic 7330 on settings. Any help/

de Enrique
    PY2CP

10. G4ABQ

G4ABQ Ham Member QRZ Page