IC-7200 with MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by NR2NR, May 24, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Look at K7GQ's post...cu.SLAB_USBtoUART or tty.SLAB_USBtoUART is the correct name. If it is not showing in your list, then double-check the Security and Privacy pane in the System Preferences. Look at the General tab and see if there is a message about allowing the extension to run.

2. NR2NR

NR2NR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, K7GQ for the reply. Was that for Mac OS?

Unfortunately, I see nothing that resembles that within my installation.

I installed the driver when the USB port was connected to a hard drive. So maybe that created an issue.

I will try reinstalling with no devices attached and see if that creates a better result.

3. NR2NR

I tried reinstalling, but the configuration still shows per my previously attached graphics. Nothing like SLAB_USBtoUART, etc. The only thing I see is USB.

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Power on the rig to make sure the USB port has power. Also, try a different USB port, preferably one directly connected to the Mac's motherboard (not a hub, even a powered one).

5. NR2NR

I believe the USB ports have power on the MacBook Pro. I use them all the time, connecting directly. I tried both the ports selecting USB from the CAT Control serial port, but neither one worked. Maybe I just missed it and can try again after rebooting.

6. NR2NR

And it winds up that there was, in fact, a security flag where the driver was disabled. I will test it with the transceiver.

7. K3DCW

Approve it to run, reboot to be sure, and you should be good to go!

Let us know how it works out for you.

8. NR2NR

Yep, good to go for sure.

I have learned that others had the same problem. I am including the Radio Settings configuration, which references /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART as the Serial port.

Many thanks for all the support.

Attached Files: