IC-718

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by W0BKR, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W0BKR

W0BKR Guest

I bought a new IC-718 HF radio the other day and what a nice radio!
    It plays great and has many features others like the TT Juptier don't even
    come standard with, and all for under $600!

It is easy to use, functionality it works very well and handles well on
    crowded band conditions. I received the optional DSP unit for it and I have
    yet to install my CW filters in it(can't beat optional CW filters&#33[​IMG].

Check out some user feedbacks on this radio. It is a really good investement for the 'price you pay up front!
    [​IMG]

2. W5KRM

W5KRM Guest

TO discuss briefly the comments about front end overload.

These and any other transceivers in the price range will overload. They aren't contest rigs. As to swtiching speed, didn't have any problems noted with mine.

IN any event, for the bucks, you can't beat them or do better with radios costing twice that price.

3. KG4MLC

KG4MLC Ham Member QRZ Page

That was my first "new" HF radio. I have a IC-730 also that I bought used. Had to send it out for repairs so my XYL bought me the 718 last year for Valentines day. It came with a coupon for the DSP so that was an extra. What a neat little unit. I have worked everything from DX to contests pile-ups and it has worked great. Use it almost daily to check in on different nets and I always get "great signal!" reports. I use it with a Gap Titan antenna 7 1/2 ft. off the ground.
    Hope yours works as well!

Dan
    [​IMG]
    KG4MLC

4. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] I have a IC-718 that I got for my first HF rig and I absolutly love it. I have had only problems that I have caused because I was learning and it realy wouldn't matter what radio it was, would still have probs with RFI. Great rig for ssb. Awsome signal reports and audio reports. Pretty darn good CW rig too. How about that RF mic switch that doubles as a set of padels on the factory issued HM-36. Good learning rig too. If you make a mistake it doesn't go KAPLUWY like other older rigs,Hi Hi! 73 to all. AR DE KD5OHW, Mike, age=15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.