IC-7100 : when push the DR button I get the "no repeater" found"

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by AC2VE, Feb 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
  1. AC2VE

AC2VE Ham Member QRZ Page

IC-7100 I mess up somehow. when push the DR button I get the "no repeater" found" there is now no way to do anything with dstar. How do I get back to the normal dstar menu?

2. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

3. AC2VE

I did the firmware update. Thank you for defining my problem. the manual suggests I messed up with my manual GPS settings.
    I am lost over the file formats. the download gives me cvs format, the manual wants me to load icf files. what should I do??

4. AC2VE

The link you provided gave me an .ICF file. I tried to upload the current csv file, but my IC-7100 will not recognize the file exists on my sd card. The ICF file works. however it appears that the file is from 2014 and not current. How do I the radio to read the CSV files?

5. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you lost the Dstar repeater list. I would head over and download the latest repeater list using an SD card. http://www.dstarinfo.com/home.aspx
    In order for it to read the CSV file, place it in the CSV>repeaters using your computer. Place the card back in the radio and select SD card, import and follow the instructions. This should work for your older CSV file also.

FYI, you might want to save items from your SD card and reformat the card.

WB0CVB likes this.
  6. AC2VE

thanks for the help so far. I put the CSV file into the settings folder on the sd card. the radio could not find it. what did i do wrong?

7. KR6AUL

I may have been incorrect about the repeater list in the CSV file type. Do this, download the repeater list from the website .ICF and rename it to something else. Then go to SD Card>load setting>Select the file you just renamed>and repeater list only...

W4EDN likes this.
  8. AC2VE

in other words, take the .csv file and rename it something else with a .ICF extension.?

9. KR6AUL

If you have the the RT systems software, you can import it into the DR list. I misread and thought .ICF Extension was not reading.

10. KF2M

KF2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a settings .icf files from a stock 7100
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B74_G381igt5UE5yYzNDTUYtQXc
    copy this to your SDCard (drive_letter:\IC-7100\Setting) then do a Load Settings from the SET menu

You'll have to do a complete redo of your radio settings (this is from a newinthebox 7100).

Otherwise you'll need either the Icom, or RT Systems software to import from a .csv file.

N4AWP and TF3DT like this.