IC-7100 USB to Windows or Mac - No Go

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K0EG, Jun 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K0EG

K0EG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm trying to get my Icom IC-7100 connected to either Mac or Windows for the first time.

I'm pretty technical and I am called upon by may others to assist with some very complicated issues so I'm not a novice here.

Watched / read tutorials
    I've watched and read endless tutorials about getting the Silicon Labs drivers in just right. After hours, many uninstall and reinstalls of various versions on both Windows 10 and MacOS Catalina, I have yet to make things work.​

Software control
    I've tried to get the following software to work, but none are able to communicate
    CS-7100 (Windows)
    Ham Radio Deluxe (Windows)
    FLDigi (Window and MacOS) [I have it working with SmartSDR]
    MacLoggerDX (MacOS)​

USB radio settings?
    I'm suspecting it has to do with the USB port setup on the radio. I also read articles on this topic as well, but again no joy with getting either my Windows 10 PC or MacBook to control the IC-7100.

I've also tried several USB cables, just to rule the actual cable out. In addition different USB ports on the various devices.​

I've also reset the IC-7100 several times thinking it may help - no joy. Yes, I saved my starting setting to an SD-CARD.

Thoughts? Ideas? I greatly appreciate any pointers in the right direction. I don't think I'm the first one to blaze this trail.

Thank you and 73s

Karl

2. VE3ZT

VE3ZT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been doing much the same as you Karl. Have had my 7100 since inception. My program of choice to use with the 7100 is https://www.tr4w.net/ but like you, I have never been able to get the software to key the rig on cw. But there is now hope. Go to this link and read. I have the cable mentioned, and will be attempting to get TR4W working with my 7100 over this weekend. Keep in touch with your experience.
    https://kv5r.com/ham-radio/2018-projects/7100-computer-interface/#comment-5172
    72 Paul.
    ve3zt/m