IC-703+ and FT8 troubles

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K5OOO, Jul 14, 2019 at 4:00 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K5OOO

K5OOO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Trying to set up my IC-703+ for FT-8 using WSJT. Have used it in the past with my FT-450D but for some reason no joy on the 703.
    I am using a couple of cables, one the 13 pin to mic/spkr then a 1/8 to USB for rig control. I can receive and decode without a an issue and the rig test goes green. The issue is that it won’t xmit and when changing anything in the program or changing freq. the radio clicks and goes to another frequency then back again. I also get a message “Hamlib error:Invalid parameter while setting current VFO mode”
    Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
    K5OOO

2. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill, I have my IC-706 and 756PRO running with WSJT-X. If I were you, I would download FLRig and use it to troubleshoot the problem. You can get FLRig working with the 703 and then select "flrig flrig" in WSJT-X. FLRig has lots of trace and CI-V command troubleshooting capabilities. It is not only good for rig control but also excellent for troubleshooting problems.

[​IMG]

3. K5OOO

K5OOO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, I was able to get Flrig working with the 703 but not sure how to select flrig flrig in WSJT-X.

4. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Just change your WSJT-X setting from IC-703 to FLRig FLRig.

FLRigFLRig.png