IARN

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC2JCA, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. flyslow

flyslow QRZ Member QRZ Page

Wanna buggy?

2. K3SAM

K3SAM Ham Member QRZ Page

Ed, I enjoy reading your posts and understand your concern over freedom of speech.  That doesn't mean that we can each "broadcast" our views daily once we post a schedule (one way transmissions).  Most of what Mr. Baxter is doing right now is nothing more than a personal attack on Riley.  There is a VFO on my radio, however tell that to the group that meets before K1MAN on 3.973 Mhz in the mornings.  When he cranks up on 3.974.6 Mhz, the net control on the Before Breakfast Club can not hear the check ins.  Tell that to the people already in a QSO on 14.275 Mhz in the afternoons when they get run off by K1MAN.   What ever happened to NO ONE OWNS THE FREQUENCY ?  And whoever is there first ... how about amateur radio courtesy ?  Tell that to K1MAN.

As far as Riley, I have never met the man.  We have spoken several times, and I have received a few of his letters in the past.  At my age (47) and looking back on any indifference Riley and I may have had, I can only say that he has treated me fairly.  However at one point I did receive a warning for calling a non-serious CQ, which I still don't understand.  Mr. Hollingsworth is too busy for me to inquire about this now, however with as many people complaining about K1MAN, I do believe that it is time for Mr. Baxter's abuse of the amateur radio frequencies to come to a complete halt.

Again, I will restate that this man is Certifiable.

3. N0PU

N0PU QRZ Member QRZ Page

ED:

I think that a lot of Hams out there think Mr. Riley's only job is to clean up the Amateur Service.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he is responsible for ALL freqs and services...

------------------------------------------------

And for all you Hams out there who think you're the center of the universe, I got a news flash for ya... you're just a little cog in a very big machine... a machine without a very impressive maintenance budget... and controlled by a group of people (congress) who think communicating is picking up their cell phone and who wouldn't know one end of a soldering iron from the other...

All the ARRL tells us about is the Ham related enforcement that Riley is handling... All the other stuff he is doing is not THAT visable to us, and you have to go digging to find it...

think about it...

4. KC2JCA

KC2JCA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (W1RFI @ Jan. 08 2003,06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So to prevent his doing what he is doing, we would need a rules change.  
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

No, we wouldn't. The rules are in english, no matter how far you wish to TRY and stretch the definition of bulletin.

For example &quot;President Lincoln to speak at Gettysburg&quot; is a bulletin, the Gettysburg Address is not.

K1MAN has &quot;broadcasted&quot; a 20 minute RANT about being called a &quot;Sponsor of Terrorism&quot;, during which he called several administrative personel &quot;cowards&quot; for not taking him up on his offer to have them appear on his &quot;show&quot; (his word, not mine and a &quot;show&quot; is a broadcast).

His whining about being called names is not important information to the Amateur Radio Service as a whole and does not further it's cause.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To prevent his firing up on a frequency, we would need to ensure that the enforcement were applied equally to all bulletin transmissions, from K1MAN to local clubs to W1AW.  And you know that it would be certain that some would ensure that K1MAN and W1AW bulletin frequencies were in use at the time of any scheduled broadcasts.  To date, the FCC has taken a laid back approach to that particular problem, perhaps mentally weighing the benefits vs the inequities.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Firing up on frequency happens to each and everyone of us. Station A, in QSO with Station B, hears Station C tuning up and reports &quot;Frequency is in use Old Man&quot;. Station C can't hear Station A or B because of propogation effects. I am sure that we are all not to assume that the frequency we transmit on is in use if we don't hear an answer to our &quot;QRL?&quot; and I don't think the root of the problem with K1MAN is this issue of frequency use. It is just a sore point for those who can't ellaborate on the real issue which is broadcasting.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So what language would you propose for a rules change to prevent K1MAN-style &quot;bulletins&quot; that could not also be used to prevent W1AW and other organizational bulletins?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

As stated, the rule reads fine now. Bulletins are Bulletins, campaigns are campaigns.

73, Jim - kc2jca

5. K0YG

K0YG Ham Member QRZ Page

I listen to his bulletins once in a while. Some of it I find interesting and some of not. I can't see that hes breaking any rules. All of his bulletins are scheduled.

One thing I do notice is, the many people that talk over his broadcasts and call him all sorts of nasty names. Many of thease people don't id themselves, however, some do. What do shortwave listeners think of US amatuers when they hear that?

6. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KC0LOE @ Jan. 09 2003,00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I listen to his bulletins once in a while.  Some of it I find interesting and some of not.  I can't see that hes breaking any rules.  All of his bulletins are scheduled.

One thing I do notice is, the many people that talk over his broadcasts and call him all sorts of nasty names. Many of thease people don't id themselves, however, some do.  What do shortwave listeners think of US amatuers when they hear that?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The only way you can claim a frequency with a published schedule is if your a club station - and according to the fcc records for k1man - its not a club call sign or a club station.

I want to know what swl listeners around the world think of all the anti-semetic, racist and fundamentalist broadcasts coming out of real shortwave stations in the US.

7. AC7UX

AC7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
    I want to know what swl listeners around the world think of all the anti-semetic, racist and fundamentalist broadcasts coming out of real shortwave stations in the US.

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Of course the euro-weenies and the rest have no first amendment. Tolerance is the American way when it comes to free speech. and if that don't work, a quick turn of the knob will solve the problem. It always amaze's me when someone see's or hears something they don't like, instead of ignoring it, they keep coming back for more abuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.