ad: k1jek

IARN

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC2JCA, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC2JCA

KC2JCA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am constantly amazed at the number of folks who claim a broad leeway in regulations simply because they don't understand english. What K1MAN is supplying to the Amateur Radio World via his "broadcasts" is not, under any stretch of the imagination, to be considered a "bulletin". The definition of "bulletin" is as follows:

bul·le·tin    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (bl-tn, -tn)
    n.
    A brief report, especially an official statement on a matter of public interest issued for immediate publication or broadcast.
    A brief update or summary of current news, as on television or radio or in a newspaper.

What K1MAN is currently engrossed with is what would otherwise be known as a "RANT". His last transmission was 20 minutes of name calling, chest pounding, defense building and intimidation all because someone said he sponsored terrorist activity. Fueled by the fact that his whining emails, which called Riley Hollingsworth a "coward if you don't appear on my radio program", went unanswered with the one exception of the email he received, from another receipient, stating "You are doing nothing more than instigating trouble", K1MAN could do nothing more than whine like a schoolgirl because no one wants to play with him.

I say again, boo-hoo.

The true coward is K1MAN who, acting under the same principles as the playground bully, continually calls people out with psychological ploys designed to irritate and push the emotional buttons of argument.

No doubt he has cut his teeth on Usenet, learning the art of flaming and has now found himself a soapbox called Amatuer Radio, since his public spanking on Usenet did not fare well for him.

He needs to be turned over a knee and spanked off Amateur Radio as well. His endless whining about persecution and "Oh woe is me" tripe is not even close to being defined as a bulletin, it is closer to being called crap.

73, Jim - kc2jca

2. AD5CA

AD5CA Ham Member QRZ Page

k1man is a raving lunatic

3. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AD5CA @ Jan. 06 2003,19:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">k1man is a raving lunatic[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    As the service becomes more like CB every day. Its important to note that k1man did pass his 13 wpm advanced exam [​IMG].

4. KB0IEY

KB0IEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, he definitely needs spanked.

*OK, K1MAN, assume the position... WHACK!*

Waaaaaaaaaa!... Uh, I mean... Thank you, sir, may I have another...

*WHACK!!!*

You know, treat him like a dead horse. [​IMG]

5. K3SAM

K3SAM Ham Member QRZ Page

To JCA:  You beat me to it.  Nothing that K1MAN says or does can be construed as a bulletin.  He is broadcasting.  Something that you nor I could get away with, why him ?  Something smells in the North East and it's not fish.

To RFI:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this a quiet way of telling us that you don't believe that people should talk about certain subjects?  What topics do you believe should not be permitted because you have already talked about them as much as you care to?   If the list gets too large, new hams may not find much reason to come to the QRZ.com boards...

Ed Hare, W1RFI [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No Ed, it is just that others are now becoming aware of this certifiable ham.  It is people like him that give amateur radio a bad name, and who ever heard of controlling a ham station with a Radio Shack timer ?  

I am really surprised that the FCC will take weeks / months trying to catch someone that keys up a repeater once a week, or someone with an alternator whine in their mobile signal, but K1MAN is right in front of their eyes... not to difficult to catch.  Mr. Baxter has been warned by the FCC not to start his broadcasts over an on going QSO, but he does daily.  I do not see why his license hasn't been pulled.  Some say give the man more rope to hang himself by, I think he has more than enough rope for himself and Layonda.

6. KC2JCA

KC2JCA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (n7wsb @ Jan. 06 2003,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
    As the service becomes more like CB every day. Its important to note that k1man did pass his 13 wpm advanced exam [​IMG].[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

So did Hannibal Lechter. What's your point?

73, Jim - kc2jca

7. AC7UX

AC7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes, I am aware of what K1MAN transmits, but it is my personal bent to err on the side of protected free speech. I feel our regulations should be as permissive as possible, and that we can't solve every social ill in amateur radio by legislating that ill out of existence. Of course, that could be an entire thread in an of itself. :)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'> Finally Mr. hare, we agree.

8. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC7UX @ Jan. 07 2003,02[​IMG])</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes, I am aware of what K1MAN transmits, but it is my personal bent to err on the side of protected free speech. I feel our regulations should be as permissive as possible, and that we can't solve every social ill in amateur radio by legislating that ill out of existence.  Of course, that could be an entire thread in an of itself. :)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'> Finally Mr. hare, we agree.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'll admit that up to now I didn't give K1MAN related  posts a lot of consideration.  However, I took the time to view the websites.  CERTIFIABLE!  That is the only comment I will make.

Dennis - KG4RUL  <!--emo&amp;[​IMG]

9. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay, but you know he does have a following. Aren't there aara members driving vans to various wallmarts doing radiograms right now? A post by k1man recently on here suggested that there was or will be.

On a side note - anyone ever notice all the riff raff that hang out at wall mart? Its why I hate going there.

10. KB0IEY

KB0IEY Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (n7wsb @ Jan. 07 2003,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, but you know he does have a following. Aren't there aara members driving vans to various wallmarts doing radiograms right now? A post by k1man recently on here suggested that there was or will be.

On a side note - anyone ever notice all the riff raff that hang out at wall mart? Its why I hate going there.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I agree. No shortage of riff-raff at the local Wally World (no offense to the famous Doctor Wally here on the QRZ forums). [​IMG]
    On the other hand, K1MAN and his followers would therefore fit in beautifully there at Wally World, don't you know.

KB0IEY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.