IARN

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC2JCA, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC2JCA

KC2JCA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K1MAN, standing erect on his soapbox, under the canopy labeled "International Amateur Radio Network", splatters his signal across 20 meters in an endless whine about being called a "Sponsor of Terrorism".

Boo-hoo.

Hollingsworth doesn't respond to an email which calls him a "coward if he doesn't come on my radio show", and Baxter drones on and on...

My question is, how do I get permission to have a call in talk show on 20 meters?

73, Jim - kc2jca

2. KB0IEY

KB0IEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Refer to it as an "Amateur Radio Bulletin" like he does, and you can! The FCC allows bulletins like the ARRL Radio News to be broadcast on the bands, so K1MAN dubs his transmissions "bulletins" so that he can hide behind this Commission rule. A wise caveat: if you do this, make sure you use news pertaining to Amateur Radio to keep it legal. However, I believe that one should hold his or herself to a higher standard and not stoop down to this gentleman's level. He is an embarassment to the hobby, in my humble opinion.

KB0IEY

3. KD5SCG

KD5SCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Get out your whomping stick there's a dead horse

4. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

What about these broadcasts represents a bulletin?

5. AC7UX

AC7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

Long live the cult of the dead horse!!

6. KB0IEY

KB0IEY Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (n7wsb @ Jan. 05 2003,20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about these broadcasts represents a bulletin?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's what I'm wondering about K1MAN's alleged &quot;Bulletins&quot;.

*and yet another wallop onto the horse's carcass*

7. KC2JCA

KC2JCA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Observation: The horse is not dead. It's back half is alive and well and calls itself K1MAN.

LOL. Talk about someone who needs to be bitch slapped by a heavily german accented dominatrix. The man whines like a little girl because no one answers his emails.

Send in the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

[​IMG]

73, Jim - kc2jca

8. NG5L

NG5L Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I've noticed this about K1MAN and AARA:

1.  This organization's web site is hosted at www.k1man.com
    What happened to something like aara.org?  Isn't that a little more professional and not selfish, or self-glamorizing?

2.  Also, his links for Part 97 rules and recent letters of FCC enforcement are links to the ARRL site!!!! HA!!!

3.  Most of his pages are hosted on an AOL server.  Who is this guy trying to fool?  He's a SCAM!  For real!

Domain name registration and website hosting is cheap people.  If this guy had two members at $35 a year per person, these expenditures would be more than covered with these funds.

SCAM!  Seriously!

9. KD5SCG

KD5SCG Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried listening to one of his broadcasts. The first 30 minutes was real honest to god news. but then I stopped listening because he is really bland. but theoretically, you are supposed to be able to phone in your opinion.

10. W1RFI

W1RFI Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kd5scg @ Jan. 04 2003,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Get out your whomping stick there's a dead horse[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Is this a quiet way of telling us that you don't believe that people should talk about certain subjects? What topics do you believe should not be permitted because you have already talked about them as much as you care to? If the list gets too large, new hams may not find much reason to come to the QRZ.com boards...

Ed Hare, W1RFI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.