ad: cq2k-1

I wonder

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KL7AJ, Aug 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

No, you got THAT wrong too!;) Its UDDERLY ridiculous!:D LMAO! Also a MOOOOOOO_T point!
    (Jack Benny--"Now CUT THAT OUT!!!!!":p

2. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

"Where does dragon milk come from?"
    "Cows with short legs"

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A local here in Cali is KD6UMC or, Kick dirt under my cow.

A school teacher asked her class "Where does milk come from?" the class replied, the grocery store.

4. K8KJG

K8KJG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess I'm still a little slow. Coming from the backwoods, my mind had different meanings for words and terms.

Growing up, I had a totally different understanding of the term "until the cows come home". I just assumed the saying meant late afternoon/dusk. We raised dairy cows when I was a kid. The milk cows knew the routine. They knew when it was dinner time and time for the evening milking. They'd come into the milking barn from the furthest pastures and calmly go to their assigned stanchion.

Same with "ends meat." To me it was the end parts of a large bologna that were sliced off from each end to square the ends. It was cheaper than regular bologna slices. I just thought it meant going cheap.

Worse yet, living close to the Canadian border, I was almost 22 before I ever realized that Canada was a "foreign" country. In those days it was no different going into Ontario or Manitoba, than it was going from Wisconsin to Minnesota, or to North Dakota. The money was on par -- that is a Canadian dollar was the same and a US dollar. Uncle Sam decided I should visit California in 1969 and was I told that about half the money in my wallet was "foreign" and I couldn't use it to buy anything.

To this day, at age 70, I still find that some of my understandings are just not right.o_O

Common sense isn't always common sense. But, at least the cows still know when to come home!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

What do you call a cow with three legs? Lean beef.
    What do you call a cow with no legs? Nothing, 'cause it ain't coming if you call it's name.
    What do you call a cow with two legs? YOUR MAMA!

Yep, I just typed in a "your mama" joke. I just ran out of puns, and that's no bull.

Also, did you know that drinking fresh milk can be hazardous to your health? Sure is, those cows will kick you in the head.

6. K8KJG

K8KJG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I never got kicked in the head, but I've sure had some crazy things happen when pulling a calf. Like getting my arms pulled back in causing my face to be pulled up against the anatomy just above where the calf was coming from.

As for the hazards of drinking milk straight from a cow, there are many. We always kept a number of barn cats. Overnight the cats slept on the backs of the restful cows in the milking stanchions. Particularly at the morning milking, these cats wanted breakfast. As we started to sterilize the udders and hook up the milking machines, these cats would crowd around to get their warm squeezes of milk. They could get vicious if they weren't getting their share.

Oh, the joys of growing up on a farm. I sure wouldn't want to trade any of it.

Time to go out and feed my fish ponds. I'm going to have to thin some very soon before the weather turns. Way too many big catfish. A neighborhood fish fry we will have. Oh, and they know how to line up, just like the cows. They hear my footsteps or UTV before sunset and you can see them coming from all directions. Then they open their mouths and slurp up the feed pellets like vacuum cleaners.