I wonder

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KL7AJ, Aug 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

K9ASE likes this.
  2. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Because they don't know what we know-----

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

What?????? ------You've never been on a cattle drive before?:confused:;) Pretty common thing, or used to be, in Texas, AR, Oklahoma. And besides, these cows were in a good (here it comes) MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-D:rolleyes::D

K9ASE and AF6LJ like this.
  5. N2SUB

N2SUB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's utterly ridiculous.

K9ASE and AF6LJ like this.
  6. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Might have something to do with the eight guys on horseback, the six trucks, and a dozen dogs to keep them in line. That looked like a pretty small herd too.

Cattle are stupid herd animals. They like to stay together and they can be not so orderly if startled. I remember when Dad had fixed up the milking barn with new stanchions with a "quick release" bar that could let the cows all loose at once. Before that we'd have to walk down the line opening each one. The first time we used that quick release it felt like an earthquake as all the cattle headed for the door at once. By "at once" I mean the whole herd trying to get through the (quite large) door at once. We thought we might have some dead cows and busted walls to deal with.

We tried different things to keep this from happening, like letting loose the third closest to the door one by one then letting the rest loose all at once. Still had cows trying to push others through the door, some getting toppled over, they were going to hurt themselves. We had to stop using that quick release, we were afraid of loosing cattle. Too bad too, Dad spent a lot of money on that.

Oh, and I have met some humans like that lately.

WA7PRC and AF6LJ like this.
  7. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Saw an awful lot of tail-gating going on, failure to signal and other things no human would ever be caught doing:confused:.

Have fun
    Gary

8. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's why:

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"That's no bull!" Tom uddered.

N2EY and N2SUB like this.
  10. W9RLG

W9RLG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Shouldn't that be titled "I wander" ??