ad: k1jek

I want a mobile 2m that gets citizens band also...

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by Ki6NLU, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W2ZB

W2ZB Guest

For all practical purposes, the FCC went out of the enforcement business after 1996, when the Field Operations Bureau (FOB) was disbanded, save for a certain tiny number of safety-of-life situations. This no doubt accounts for the flood of illegal and modified radio communications equipment which can be found at trucker/CB shops and at almost any flea market. Said equipment has been sold in the open for years now, with no fear of any enforcement action. With deer season in full swing, the local flea markets are overflowing with all types of radio communications equipment, capable of transmitting on any frequency.

There's another thread about out-of-band (OOB) intruders operating both in and outside ham bands. OOB intruders can be found most commonly in the 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 mHz bands. Prior to 1996, the FOB aggressively hunted down and identified OOB intruders. All OOB intruder enforcement ceased in 1996, which is why OOB intruders are very common and are growing in numbers.

Hams dream about a miraculous resurrection of FOB. Truth is it ain't never gonna happen.

2. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Gov't efficiency strikes again!

Funny. You cited that from 97.113 (e). The other day, I cited it from 97.115
    (e). Thinking I had misread, I jsut looked at the pdf again.

Sure enough, there's a 'misprint' in the portable document. 97.115 is where there should be 97.113. Time to check for a new, updated version. :D

3. KI4OXD

KI4OXD Ham Member QRZ Page

Greg was right!

Wow, the dead do walk among us!!

Old, dead posts being resurrected that is.

Must have been a slow day, eh?

4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, look, it's not that complicated. The difference between 2 meters and 11 meters is only 9 meters. So just pry the cover off that thing and snip enough diodes to make up the difference. And somewhere in there, there must be a switch or jumper to switch between FM and AM.

And I have Ruger MkII .22 semiauto pistol that I'd like to convert into a 44 Magnum revolver.

5. M3MVB

M3MVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not use a FT857 or 897 HF 6 2 70 will work on 27MHz, Although I've never bothered to

6. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

Were revisiting the "clueless new ham" thread again, are we? :eek:

7. KI4ITV

KI4ITV Ham Member QRZ Page

two cents
    :rolleyes:

8. AD7N

AD7N Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah!!

Fire-up up that Tweaked, Peaked and Freaked beauty you just bought off some craigslist guy for $300. He told you he "was getting 200 smacking watts out of that mofo".

Hook that baby up to a Peaked out Skull Cracka -DEATH- edition, hook it up to your whip and you'll be heard 100 miles away!!

(you may not be understood though, but will get the attention of some important people!)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  9. K4KWH

K4KWH Guest

It simply sounds like someone is trying to start sum'pin with this. There is NO such thing as a "dual use" radio in the context in which the poster has asked.

You need to use a legal amateur radio for amateur radio and a legal, 40 channel CB for CB. If people would BOTHER to READ the rules of BOTH services instead of memorizing 50 questions just to "get by", this wouldn't be an issue. :mad: Sorry, that's just how I feel. No flames necessary.

Jerry

10. K9KXW

K9KXW Ham Member QRZ Page

"""HOLY CRAP"""...... :eek:

Since when did QRZ start being such a BIG "CB Radio" Forum...... :mad:

I think QRZ needs to get an "Electronic Exterminator" out here quick before it
    gets to infested......

Aren't there enough "CB Hacking" Forums out there already......

Good Grief, what is this world coming to...... :rolleyes:

PS: I think what he's looking for is a """WATER COOLED KRACO"""......
    I've heard you can do anything and everything with that "RADIDIO"......

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.