I want a mobile 2m that gets citizens band also...

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by Ki6NLU, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't deleted any post for months! Don't have any idea as to who did.

Glen, K9STH

2. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

A guy doesn't like having it decided for him what he can or can't say.....

3. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

UZR:

Remember that QRZ.com is not a bastion of "free speech" but is a benevolent dictatorship in which there is a lot of "leeway" in what can discussed. But, the "management" does reserve the right to curtail any, and all, comments without any recourse from those who posted the comments.

Now I have no idea as to who deleted your comments let alone why they were deleted. I suggest that you contact editor@qrz.com by E-Mail and inquire. He may know who did the "dirty deed" or he is in a position to find out who did.

Glen, K9STH
    One of the QRZ.com moderators

4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ever consider the fellow (Extra or not, OF, newbie, or whatever) was WAY out of line and you could simply say "it's legal" and walk away? Really, you can only be intimidated if you allow yourself to be intimidated. IF your installation was legal, he/she had no right (legal or social) to question you, and had no right to any response whatsoever. Politeness would dictate a response of "it's all legal" and nothing more. (Of course, courtesy dictates no snide or sarcastic remark in addition, no matter how tempting or how deserved.)

5. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm an OF, I didn't get into Amateur Radio via CB, in fact, the only CB radio I have ever owned was a pair of part-15 100mW pair of walki-talks on channel 14 back when I was six...and even then my friend down the block and I sent Morse to each other becasue his mom would listen in on their radio.

I did sell and repair a huge number of CBs in my father's business, back when you needed a commercial license to work on the things. The old Courrier TR-23 had a link which you opened up to install an ammeter so you could verify that the transmitter had no more than 5-watts input to the final amplifier (as did other CBs of the day).

That said, I see no problem having a CB radio along with an amateur radio in a vehicle. Personally, I often have a 2-meter rig in my work truck along with a Broadcast Auxiliary radio. I haven't ever picked up the mic to the Amateur rig and said "KOS413 Engineering Mobile to Master Control", nor have I keued up the motorola and said "KAØGKT Listening".

73 DE KAØGKT/7

--Steve

6. W2DMW

W2DMW Ham Member QRZ Page

CB Ham combo

use a cell phone

7. N6HPX

N6HPX Guest

comment

I have heard of converting a CB to 10m years ago but never doing a 2m to CB and it be cheaper to buy one already in the CB service for that purpose,even used ones off of EBAY?

8. W0DV

W0DV Ham Member QRZ Page

no such thing

No such thing as a dual band vhf/uhf radio that has the ability to use 27mhz, which is HF. Just use a CB. I would be embarassed to transmit on the chicken band with a ham radio anyway.

9. W0DV

W0DV Ham Member QRZ Page

simple

It's pretty simple to convert a CB to 10 meters and the other way around. The 2 bands are very close to each other in the HF spectrum. The popular radio that CB'rs get now are a 10 meter radio at a truckstop and then it is easily modified to transmit on 11 meters. It is illegal but enforcement really isnt there. If a Ham did that they should be ashamed of themselves

10. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have JUST what you want, but I have a bridge to get rid of first--

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.