I Wanna See Your QSL Card!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF4SCI, May 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

I design both the front and back of this card along with several others. As such their would be no template of the front OR back other than what I have posted here. I could likely make you a individual design if you desire, PDF file of which you could have printed locally OR where you might choose. I have these printed on heavy matt stock, very heavy since I actually mail them as a postcard. I always use a 1960's era Amateur Radio Stamp that I have several hundred of, then I include the regular .35 US postcard stamp also on the card. Just gives the cards a special touch. You can see those designs at my website, I do not do those for a fee but as a courtesy for other OP's, mostly CW. I hope you enjoy them.... 73, Rich

2. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, so the front and back are two different files. I then assume you print the front, cut out the card(s), then rerun them through the printer with the second file of the postcard "back"....

Not a single template that you print front and back on card stock. I can work with that idea.

Thanks, 73.

3. W9RAC

Well Ill be honest, I design the cards, front and back, Coreldraw and a couple other programs, then I email the finished product (two PDF files, fron and back) to Staples. I have staples do the printing on HEAVY MATT cardstock, giving them a nice rich, vintage look.. I do no printing. They do a fantastic job however it is not a expense likely one might choose for mass mailings. I send cards out selectively, mostly as a confirmation of a CW QSO or one could use them SSB also, although I have several hundred on hand of the various designs you may have see on the site I mentioned. If you are looking to send "lots" of cards, check cheap QSL's or the like commercial printer who specialize in QSL printing. These are more of a "statement" card for lack of a better term, at the risk of sounding conceded. 73, Rich

WZ7U and W7TCT like this.
  4. KC8HBR

KC8HBR Ham Member QRZ Page

I just designed this for my first QSL Card. Have not designed the back, might see what the printer offers. It takes in the icon of my small tourist town on the Lake Michigan shoreline...our Lighthouse. Going to get printed on full photo stock cards. What you think?

KC8HBR-QSL Card.jpg

On a side note I enjoy working with graphic design and would be willing to help anyone design a custom QSL card.

Les
    KC8HBR

WZ7U, KP4SX and K3XR like this.
  5. W9RAC

Nice work Les!

6. KC8HBR

KC8HBR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you!

7. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Where do you guys get these fancy fonts for QSL's? Are they available online? I've downloaded plenty of fonts from the internet in the past but they're all pretty much 2D and not that neat looking 3D style.

8. N5RMQ

N5RMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

From the Republic of Texas. image.jpeg

AC8UN likes this.
  9. KJ7ANT

KJ7ANT Ham Member QRZ Page

A work in progress...

Attached Files:

WZ7U likes this.
  10. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

some of what you're seeing can be done with tools like photoshop (on an existing font).

IMHO, plainer fonts are better: easier to read.

WZ7U likes this.